The Student Room Group

Hardest exam board? [Exam Discussion]

Just wondering. I think maybe edexcel

Scroll to see replies

I mean it's hard to judge since a person whose doing a particular board has little experience with others so even if they feel like there's is really hard maybe it's just because it's a big jump from their gcse's for example. And taking a quick look at the past papers doesn't tell much since difficulty differs a lot by year etc.
Although, i've done some edexcel chem as mcq and i found them ridiculously easy compared to CIE mcq's. But maybe i just haven't tried enough.
Reply 2
I've heard that CIE is the hardest, that's what I'm doing and can confirm it's hard😂😂
AQA !
for science i think OCR
I think the hardest for science is edexcel. The hardest for maths is MEI possibly.
Reply 6
AQA - I think Edexcel have been pretty good, PE (compulsory in our school) was pretty easy, Maths was decent and Geography Paper 1 was good. Just hoping it continues to be like this for future Geography/Maths exams!
Reply 7
Original post by Midnightsky16

They're all gonna be pretty much the same, if we're being realistic
Def. CIE is the hardest.
What I’ve heard for maths a level is that (between Ocr and edexcel) is that Ocr is a lot harder, teachers told us not to bother with edexcel papers unless we were struggling) but that Ocr has much nicer grade boundaries to make up for it. Ie you can get away with messing up something stupid in Ocr but not in edexcel which is very good for me!
Original post by Unknown45678abc
for science i think OCR

can confirm, chemistry wants me dead
Original post by Midnightsky16

I feel like edexcel is one of the easiest but that's because I do edexcel maths and I feel like edexcel maths is the easiest out of the ones out there. For Maths at least MEI seems the hardest.
It is subjective and other people may have a different experience from me so far OCR was the hardest for me (computer science) and Edexcel has been the easiest (RE, History, Maths and more)
Reply 13
aqa
Reply 14
wjec is the easiest
It's CIE especially for the A levels......:redface:
AQA
Original post by Ben1026
AQA - I think Edexcel have been pretty good, PE (compulsory in our school) was pretty easy, Maths was decent and Geography Paper 1 was good. Just hoping it continues to be like this for future Geography/Maths exams!

PE. Compulsory? Whaaat?
CIE and OCR
The scienes for a level hardest is edexcel then ocr. For maths hardest is OCR MEI and easiest is AQA. For some reason this year AQA made the gcse sciences really hard maybe this year there was a new team that made the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest