Aqa a level psychology discussion Watch

aninozaut
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Comment below what you guys put for any of the questions, particularly the 16 markers
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
vita continuat
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Over all the paper was okay, what did anyone write about for the first 16 marker?
Sploder321
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Don’t know if I’m right but I spoke about asch’s study then amount the ways once which unanimity, task difficulty etc affect conformityYou could’ve spoken about milgram and how authority figure can make individuals conform
Sploder321
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Still in shock at 3 16 markers, but I think the paper overall wasn’t too bad, compared to specimen papers
budgie888
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Sploder321)
Don’t know if I’m right but I spoke about asch’s study then amount the ways once which unanimity, task difficulty etc affect conformityYou could’ve spoken about milgram and how authority figure can make individuals conform
Authority figure is to do with obedience, i spoke about NSI/ISI
1_Zainn_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I did asch aswel, same unsure if I'm right
aninozaut
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by vita continuat)
Over all the paper was okay, what did anyone write about for the first 16 marker?
i talked about nsi and linked it to asch and the variables, then talked about isi and linked it to jennes’ sweet study
Sploder321
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by 1_Zainn_)
I did asch aswel, same unsure if I'm right
Well it can’t be wrong, it is the main psychological research into conformity that we learn
Miss Studious
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I think I flopped on the first essay question cuz I wrote about Zimbardo's study. I should've wrote about Asch instead. Also will writing 2 detailed evaluation points get your marks capped?
1_Zainn_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Well it can’t be wrong, it is the main psychological research into conformity that we learn
Thanks for dat , because lot of people were talking about isi and nsi and explanation for conformity
So I was unsure and out asch

How did you find it ?
vita continuat
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
It was why people conform so i talked about explanations of conformity (ISI/NSI) and then linked it to asch. I dont think you could have just spoken about asch unless you focused on the variables because asch just says that people do conform but doesn't mention anything about why which was what the question was asking
Lia22
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Miss Studious)
I think I flopped on the first essay question cuz I wrote about Zimbardo's study. I should've wrote about Asch instead. Also will writing 2 detailed evaluation points get your marks capped?
I wrote about zimbardo too...
budgie888
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by holli99)
what did you write for the last 16 marker? I can't remember whether it was about the cognitive explanation in general or CBT?? Think i fluffed it up
CBT/REBT
Miss Studious
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
At least I'm not the only one
Bfholmes
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Unfortunately milgrim studied obedience not conformity and as such I dont think you could mention him.
Jezalb
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Also spoke about Asch and Sheriff(1935) light study too, linked to unanimity task difficulty and group size. Used that example of the guy with glasses disagreeing with majority. However also argued that Authoritarian personality could lead to conformity to authoritative figure, wasn't sure about that.
Myweerada
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I wrote Zimbardo too... but I think it’s okay tho, it can be conformity to social roles
Sploder321
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by 1_Zainn_)
Thanks for dat , because lot of people were talking about isi and nsi and explanation for conformity
So I was unsure and out asch

How did you find it ?
Didn’t find it too bad tbh, I feel like it could’ve been worse, like there wasn’t anything trippy. How did you find it??
Sploder321
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by holli99)
what did you write for the last 16 marker? I can't remember whether it was about the cognitive explanation in general or CBT?? Think i fluffed it up
Oo, I wrote about CBT AND REBT, it was talking about the cognitive approach
holli99
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Oo, I wrote about CBT AND REBT, it was talking about the cognitive approach
I wrote about the cognitive approach in general, then came out of the exam and everyone was talking about CBT so i'm worried i've wrote the wrong thing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (64)
15.42%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (42)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
18.8%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (60)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (45)
10.84%
How can I be the best version of myself? (126)
30.36%

Watched Threads