The Student Room Group

Aqa a level psychology discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Someone please clarify what was meant to be written on the last 16 marker question. I talked about cognitive approach in general then used rebt and cbt for evaluation or was I meant to to talk about therapies for AO1? I thought it was explanations of depression then I read the question halfway through writing it, turns out it was treatment to depression so I wrote a lot more things about rebt and cbt.
Reply 21
for the first 16 marker I wrote about zimbardos study on effect of social roles to conformity. but I don't think that's correct after what everyones saying :frown:(((
I also wrote about milgram's study in that question

I think the small questions were all good.
still cannot believe they gave us 3 16 markers :OOO

I waffled a lot on the last 16 marker and timing was not good :frown:

what did everyone write for that working memory model question about which two components are involved?
Reply 22
It's talking about the cognitive approach in *explaining* depression, not the therapies for depression, so I think talking about cog approach is right
Asch's one I wrote about NSI/ISI and I also talked about social support and the variation with confederates. I forgot to write about the variation in task difficulty though linking to ISI. I got mixed up :frown: The attachment essay I found really good I think! The depression one was okay but I forgot loads of stuff so I waffled and just wrote loads of evaluation. I remembered REBT but I didn't know what it stood for or what it was lol.I just talkde about CBT and beck's negative triad
Central excecutive and visual-spatial sketchpad was what I wrote
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Ea101
It's talking about the cognitive approach in *explaining* depression, not the therapies for depression, so I think talking about cog approach is right

Actually I'm 99% sure it was the treatments, not explaining ! :frown:
Reply 26
Original post by Internetkid
Actually I'm 99% sure it was the treatments, not explaining ! :frown:

wasn't the question
"Discuss the cognitive explanation of depression" ? It doesn't mention therapies... I'm screwed then :|
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by Miss Studious
Central excecutive and visual-spatial sketchpad was what I wrote

same
Reply 28
Original post by Ea101
wasn't the question
"Discuss the cognitive explanation of depression" ? It doesn't mention therapies... I'm screwed then :|

it was treatments of depression, so you had to talk about CBT and REBT
First 16 marker I wrote about NSI and ISI, I could only think of 2 evaluation points and I couldn’t even elaborate on them properly 🤦🏾*♀️
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by tkrv
it was treatments of depression, so you had to talk about CBT and REBT

Nice, so I misread the question 🙃

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending