Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Thoughts on the exam?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SweetLeilani
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I liked it. But I messed up the first 6 mark question and the 2 mark before it. It was about conditional procedures, and I’ve never heard the term before. Any ideas?
rip my ceiling
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
(Original post by SweetLeilani)
I liked it. But I messed up the first 6 mark question and the 2 mark before it. It was about conditional procedures, and I’ve never heard the term before. Any ideas?
Conditional procedures is a form of therapy in which classical or operant conditioning is used. The methods which you could’ve spoken about were flooding or systematic desensitisation. I used systematic desensitisation as there was more to say about it, but flooding would’ve worked as well.

Hope that helped
ace.edge
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by rip my ceiling)
Conditional procedures is a form of therapy in which classical or operant conditioning is used. The methods which you could’ve spoken about were flooding or systematic desensitisation. I used systematic desensitisation as there was more to say about it, but flooding would’ve worked as well.

Hope that helped
i did the same but i did flooding as 6 mark despite me generally being better at describing and evaluating systematic desensitisation, but that was me trying to challenge myself because learning is my fav topic in psychology
rezah.dd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
OMG I MESSED UP i did aversion therapy. i left that question last and i panicked. but the workbook i was using had Aversion Therapy under the category of treating phobias using conditioning..
SweetLeilani
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by rezah.dd)
OMG I MESSED UP i did aversion therapy. i left that question last and i panicked. but the workbook i was using had Aversion Therapy under the category of treating phobias using conditioning..
Same
rip my ceiling
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
(Original post by rezah.dd)
Really? I’m interested. How is aversion therapy used to treat phobias? My understanding was that aversion therapy is effectively used to condition you into having a physical phobia of a stimulus, if you can call it that. I’m not sure how it’d be used to treat phobias but please do correct me if I’m wrong.
rezah.dd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
OMGG i messed up i accidentally did Aversion therapy for that question, cause in the workbook i used, aversion therapy came under treating phobias using operant conditioning section. Well, thats 6 marks i've lost..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (35)
11.15%
I used to but I don't now (11)
3.5%
No, but I want to start (113)
35.99%
No, I am unable to (69)
21.97%
No, I chose not to (86)
27.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise