The Student Room Group

The Fashion Studio/talent rooms Marylebone road

Scroll to see replies

Yes Jessy YOU ARE RIGHT. I nearly paid £2500 for a contract for my 18 year old son. I was old that he would get work and H
Oh my god I had exactly the same with my daughter on 18th june told me Disney had come in for her and they would help with feed told me shoot would be first weekend in AUG. Kept chasing but nothing spent over 3k what a fool taken in by Damien!
Original post by Janeadcock
Oh my god I had exactly the same with my daughter on 18th june told me Disney had come in for her and they would help with feed told me shoot would be first weekend in AUG. Kept chasing but nothing spent over 3k what a fool taken in by Damien!

Report it to the Crime Squad, I have in Warwickshire and they will investigate. Hopefully we can get places like this closed down and no-one else will loose money for have their children's hearts broken .
Hi it looks like I’m m in the same boat as you all.i paid them too and they promised me work this was in June and I’ve heard nothing . I’ve called them twice and they keep saying the aftercare team will be in touch but nothing. I’m interested to know how you are going about to get your money back and if you need me to write anything that will help I’m happy to do that .
Hello, I was scammed for £1950 on the 01/06/18 in by The fashion studio in Marylebone. I want to take them to court. I would like to join you and get our money back. Isabela98
Hello, I was scammed for £1950 on the 01/06/18 by The Fashion Studio in Marylebone. I want to take them to court. If there is anything I can help with please let me know. We could support eachother as to providing evidence for what has happened.
I had dispute with my credit card provider, unfortunately with no success due to not being able to prove that a promise of job offer was made.
What statement do you need. I can write it here. Let me know what statemen
t you need.

Original post by Taniaakhter
PLEASE PLEASE MESSAGE ME!!!! Contact me on Instagram or here t_a98x
Has anyone got their money back?
Original post by Lauraa.S
Has anyone got their money back?

Yes! I am waiting to hear how. There is an official, by law, 30 day cooling off period but once that is up I'm not sure. Keep the messages coming. This is all evidence. This is big business, let's not forget that. They need stopped. My mental health has been affected. Still processing the shame/disgust/embarrassment. For more on how these things work and how to move on emotionally please read Maria Konnokova's The Confidence Game. If you have fallen for this it means you are human and trusting. Don't lose that. They are very good at their game!
Reply 29
Original post by Taniaakhter
PLEASE PLEASE MESSAGE ME!!!! Contact me on Instagram or here t_a98x

Hi
My best friend’s son took his own life on 11th August 2018. He was 22 years old. Earlier that year, on 25th May he travelled to London to attend what he thought was a meeting with a modelling agency.

The agency told him that there were companies interested in him including River Island and offered him a deal to sign up with them for £3,500. He left London, having paid £3500 to the agency, with a disc, a contract. However when he tried the disc it was blank. My friend believes that this experience contributed to his feelings of failure and ultimately to his suicide.

I said that I would look into it but not sure where to start. I would be grateful for any update or information you have managed to get.

Many thanks, Julie

His family are struggling to cope with their loss and haven’t the energy at present to investigate further. However we are keen to prevent this happening to other vulnerable young people.
Reply 30
dont be naive then lmfao
every "model scam" documented here could be prevented if you did your research and didnt think you were "hot ****"
Hi guys, I am helping my friend who is Portuguese and has limited understanding of English. They used their teenager daughter to translated that she would have a job with H
Reply 32
Original post by Jessy89
Hi MikaIt seems you have also been scammed like myself and my son, I cannot believe they have another name 😲I've been asked by citizens advice if I could get a small statement off another victim, could I ask you kindly if this is something you could do for me? As I need it for court.. please message me
My son and me who represents him as he is just 9 years old been scammed and just wasted like many other victims who make responds about The studio fashion on this website. I have a paper contract made between me and studio and am ready to participate in any process against The Fashion Studio for a chance to get my money back, to uncover the fake company which playing dirty games and to avoid future victims.
Reply 33
I have been scammed by them last year in December just weeks ago really. Paid £600 on the day and £1300 the next day and funny how they say they didn't recieve the £1300 when I did a bank transfer and had a nerve to ask me to pay again for the amount of £1300 or I provide proof that I had paid. Even after I provided them with proof they don't seem to contact me back now! Dirty scum bags. I'm going to have to put them down as a scam to my bank and try n recall the money back. Really upsetting though not knowing if I will get my money back from these filthy people. After reading everyone's comments it's really hurtful what extent people go through saving money and some scum bags thieving off like this specially when they ate situated in a high end streets you wouldn't think they are there to scam people like this! Absolutely disgusting they make me sick! Hope every single one of these scum bags choke on the money they stole!
They’re now called Models Inc. I’m so bloody pissed about this. Thank god I didn’t pay more than 150£. 🤦🏽*♀️
Did you get any chance to have your money back ?it happened to me as well
Did you get any chance to have your money back ?it happened to me as well
Hello, just wanna know if u got any lucky with the money.. it happened to me last year
Original post by scammsherlock
Yes! I am waiting to hear how. There is an official, by law, 30 day cooling off period but once that is up I'm not sure. Keep the messages coming. This is all evidence. This is big business, let's not forget that. They need stopped. My mental health has been affected. Still processing the shame/disgust/embarrassment. For more on how these things work and how to move on emotionally please read Maria Konnokova's The Confidence Game. If you have fallen for this it means you are human and trusting. Don't lose that. They are very good at their game!
Got any lucky at the end??
Original post by Jessy89
Please be aware!!!! I fell for this scam two months ago that involved my 5year old son!! My son was offered a photo shoot at the studio Marylebone road they've recently changed their name to The Fashion studio! My son had the shoot then the host ARABELLA took us into a room and congratulated my son and offered him to model for them.. she told me there was a 14day cooling off period and that he would get work within 2weeks which none of this was true as I have recently found out!! I paid out £1600 of all my savings it's the worse thing I've ever done! I regret it so much and not to mention putting my son through that!! I've tried everything to get my money back and I've had no luck .. I phoned citizens advice and they have told me that The studio have used misleading information which is The*Consumer Protection(Amendment)*Regulations*2014 give*consumers*new private remedies where a trader lies or uses aggressive commercial practices which is exactly what they have done to me and 100's of other innocent people please do not fall for this as after you have paid out the money you will not receive any work!!! I really do not know how they sleep at night !! I've also contacted watchdog !! Jamillia maxwell and her theiving colleagues need to be stopped!!!
Reply 39
Happened to my partners daughter in 2017 charge back was how i got my money back took about 4 months the even though they say you are paying for a portfolio not the work and you dont recieve the portfollio what have you actually payed for so they have not delivered and how many of you have actually had a portfolio of them

Quick Reply

Latest