Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is it possible for international undergrad students to get a part-time job (say, in a clothing shop)?

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean in terms of visa allowments or whether it would be feasible to accomodate work with your studies?
    I think you would be able to on both accounts. Although you would have to check that your university doesn't place a restriction on employment during term time.

ReputationRep:
    i was considering in terms of the visa issue.....and maybe employers' preference
    any ideas?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    As for the visa, dependent on what yours says, most international students are allowed to work up to 20hrs during term time and an unlimited amount during the holidays. Obviously you can start start up your own business,but as an undergrad i wouldn't expect you to be self employed.

you'll need to get your national insurance number sorted and a bank account (obviously) so you can be paid and taxed right.

as for your chances of getting a job, you're chances are as good as anyone else. although if you want to apply now and plan to go abroad (i.e. back home) during the summer,then your chances are slim unless you've got an understanding boss. If you need more help, feel free to pm me.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.