General Studies. Watch

daydreams89
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
In As I didn't take it seriously, went to no lessons yet still got a B. However now both Birmingham and Leicester have included it in my offer. E.g Birmingham want A- English B- French and a C in EITHER Sociology or general for the course English and French. Leicester was the same just with ABC. So now I'm glad i'm doing it.
plopSDCSDC
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
we have to do it, so i wouldn't bother, concentrate on your other subjects
ChrisKing
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm only doing it because we get made to. We have a lesson once every fortnight which is a total waste of time because about 5 people go. If you're getting good grades in your other subjects don't fret about GS too much.
Grape190190
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm doing it. LOOOOL. We have a mock tomorrow. Double LOOOOOOL. But they've said that if we fail the mock "we won't enter you in the Summer" -- so naturally everyone's planning to fail the mock now.

It's clearly our school's ploy to raise the average point score, thus making them look better and increasing their funding from the LEA. Jangrafess wants me to write about postgenderism tomorrow... and I'm considering it.
Jangrafess
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
Postgenderism is fascinating. :indiff:

I don't do general studies.
Becreate
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
The thing that trouble's me is. If i'm looking to apply to a decent uni and i got AAAAU ( the U being in general studies ) wouldn't that go against me becuase i can't exactly hide the results from them (someone told me that the results get sent straight to em).

??
hellom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think it's worth it. I went to exactly 3 lessons (or maybe it was 2), did no revision and then got an A (90%, to be exact). You'll do fine, an A is easily within your grasp. Because, all you need to do, to guarantee full marks in the essay questions, is study the mark schemes for previous past papers, and then when it comes to your essays ,just do what it says you need to for top marks because if you do, no matter how flimsy your points are, if you use the right structure they'll have to put you into the top marking band.

Hope that helps and good luck...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.71%
No - I got the required grades (101)
57.71%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.57%

Watched Threads