username3125608
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I did a scatter graph... was that right? That question was ****ing bonkers, I chose A Level Psychology not Maths !!!
Rainyday8
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think so...
actually that question wasn't that bad compared to maths questions in A-level Biology which make me question whether the course has had an identity crisis or something
Jemimalily
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by romia017)
I did a scatter graph... was that right? That question was ****ing bonkers, I chose A Level Psychology not Maths !!!
I did a scattergraph, that was an easy research methods section... apart from the coefficient bit, no idea there
dexzino
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I believe the correct coefficient answer was +0.95 as there was a near perfect positive linear relationship between the two variables.
Attached files
Pearlfection1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I believe we should have done a scatter graph with a strong correlation.
Pearlfection1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If the result is unanimous I guess it is ought to be a scatter graph.
bethanyyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
scatter graph

(Original post by dexzino)
I believe the correct coefficient answer was +0.95 as there was a near perfect positive linear relationship between the two variables.
i'm pretty sure the answer was 0.70 - for it to be 0.95 it would literally need to be an almost perfect correlation and it wasn't (i may be wrong though) - i was debating between both of these in the exam
dexzino
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bethanyyyyy)
scatter graph

i'm pretty sure the answer was 0.70 - for it to be 0.95 it would literally need to be an almost perfect correlation and it wasn't (i may be wrong though) - i was debating between both of these in the exam

Hmm, after my line of best fit I found it was near perfect, so maybe the examiners will see that and credit me.
atlantida
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hmm, after my line of best fit I found it was near perfect, so maybe the examiners will see that and credit me.
Loool, I put +0.30 because my scatter showed basically showed like no correlation whatsoever so I thought it has to be as close to 0 as possible...
miaboo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by atlantida)
Loool, I put +0.30 because my scatter showed basically showed like no correlation whatsoever so I thought it has to be as close to 0 as possible...
Same here, it only just looked like it was a positive correlation on mine but I guess it'll have differed depending on how spaced out people made their scatter graphs
Blancosdos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's 0.70
atlantida
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by miaboo)
Same here, it only just looked like it was a positive correlation on mine but I guess it'll have differed depending on how spaced out people made their scatter graphs
But tbh even if kinda positive but not perfect positive then how are you really supposed to determine? Like all I really know is -1, 0 and +1.
KanL
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Both my X and Y axis went up to 50 because this was the highest score on the depression scale. Because of this, my points were very much towards the bottom of the graph which is why I thought the correlation coefficient was 0.30. Idk if I'm right!
miaboo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The closer to 1/-1 the co-efficient is, the stronger the correlation is meant to be. So if it was really close to what you'd imagine is the centre line but not a perfect correlation then it'd be +/-0.9 etc.
Will_SKRT
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The correlation coefficient was 0.7.
For the correlation coefficient to be 0.95, the points on the graph would have to line up almost perfectly.
If the coefficient was 0.3 then there would be no clear trend at all (there was a trend shown by the graph)
dexzino
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Will_SKRT)
The correlation coefficient was 0.7.
For the correlation coefficient to be 0.95, the points on the graph would have to line up almost perfectly.
If the coefficient was 0.3 then there would be no clear trend at all (there was a trend shown by the graph)
You’re wrong, it’s not about the points lining up perfectly, it’s about the line of best fit (which shows the correlation (coefficient)). There was an extremely high positive correlation so its not unlikely the answer is 0.95.
abbiet03
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bethanyyyyy)
scatter graph

Yeah it wasn’t strong enough to be 0.95 I think it was 0.70 too
Will_SKRT
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You’re wrong, it’s not about the points lining up perfectly, it’s about the line of best fit (which shows the correlation (coefficient)). There was an extremely high positive correlation so its not unlikely the answer is 0.95.
Name:  correlation coefficent.gif
Views: 497
Size:  13.3 KB
The points did not line up well enough to be 0.95.
TerribleGrades
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did a stupid ass bar chart 😂🙏 because it was companies the scores of 2 tests, KMN. It took me ages to do that graph.

Even though I know it was a correlation and ordinal level data because it used a Spearman’s Rho test. (For the statistical tests question)
soIiIoquy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
an i decided to do dot to dot and join the points up....

Spoiler:
Show

at least i didnt draw a bar chart tho still
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (40)
36.7%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (9)
8.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
3.67%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
26.61%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (17)
15.6%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
9.17%

Watched Threads