Panicking about gcses Watch

Georgina723
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hiiii. I'm Georgina. Anyway so today I had my Edexcel medicine through time paper (History) and I found it to be really hard. Usually, my average grade in medicine is a 7-8 but I honestly feel like I got a 5 or 6. Like totally flunked two features of blood transfusions like what the hell. But my real problem was on the 16 marker>.Because it had a wide time frame 1250-1700, I was so unsure how to answer it and just waffled . It was really unorganised and honestly quite bad. I didnt even include a conclusion. This really upsets me because I really wanted a 7 in History and I think the medicine paper was my only chance because i am so bad at the other papers and get like 5's. I think the thing I am most angry and upset about is that hours and hours and hours have been put into it to get one bad exam. Does anybody have any advice thank you
benb00
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I had a similar issue, honestly do not worry about it as you can't change it now. however, it is often the smarter people that are the hardest on themselves and it usually turns out that we do really well! I had a similar issue with mine but I came out with an A*. My girlfriend was getting Es and Ds throughout the year and got a B in the end just because it turns out her teacher was marking too harshly. often in actual exams you can do worse than mocks and still get a better grade. To revise for the other history paper make timelines on flashcards and go through them one by one - it really helps! Best of luck! :-)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Georgina723
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by benjaminb2000)
I had a similar issue, honestly do not worry about it as you can't change it now. however, it is often the smarter people that are the hardest on themselves and it usually turns out that we do really well! I had a similar issue with mine but I came out with an A*. My girlfriend was getting Es and Ds throughout the year and got a B in the end just because it turns out her teacher was marking too harshly. often in actual exams you can do worse than mocks and still get a better grade. To revise for the other history paper make timelines on flashcards and go through them one by one - it really helps! Best of luck! :-)
Thank you so much for your reply. I hope sooo, ). Thanks so much for the revision tips as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (155)
18.83%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (81)
9.84%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (140)
17.01%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (116)
14.09%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.6%
How can I be the best version of myself? (252)
30.62%

Watched Threads