Open University (BA) Honours Education Studies, Primary (Scotland) Watch

kailz96
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello

I have just registered for the OU (BA) Honours Education Studies, Primary Course. I am wondering if anyone is currently doing this course and can provide some information on it? I am currently working in a school as a School Support Assistant (classroom assistant), therefore getting a placement will not be a problem for me.

I am planning on doing the course full time as I only work 4 days 9am - 3pm so plenty of time for studying

I have various questions but would be very grateful if anyone is able to provide the pros and cons of doing this course with the OU. I have also applied to Strathclyde University to do a Pre-Access Course to Primary Education which guarantees access to the BA for 2019. Is it worth while doing the OU and then a PGDE or doing the access course first?

Looking forward to reading everyone's experiences and reviews of this course and the OU.

Thanks
OUTStudent18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I'm doing the same thing I want to be a primary teacher I've just register with the ou primary education then im gonna take a post graduate teacher training course! I think the OU as you can commit all your time to your studies and still have a job I looked round many universities but it was all 37 hours a week unpaid work and other days in uni and other days course work at home and it's not practical when you need to support your self so I chose the ou so I could work while I study good luck with your course
POxo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am looking to study also in October. I have a full time job so this was perfect for me. Would anyone recommended getting a job in a school as a TA whilst doing this course? I’m very nervous about everything working out.
CSM14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Me too. Just awaiting funding confirmation. V excited to get started! I work in a primary school too as an ASN assistant.
I would say it’s worth looking into working in a primary school if you can -it’s great experience and allows you to observe teachers/lessons and get to work with the children in the classroom setting.
Good luck everyone!
Bellie Bells
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi, Im also debating about doing the BA in Education Studies next year, as I can´t enrol til March.. So, how is the course coming along?
Bellie Bells
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi, Im also debating about doing the BA in Education Studies next year, as I can´t enrol til March.. So, how is the course coming along?
Laura Ashley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I am starting the BA in primary education, has anyone started this course? What's it like?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.6%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.28%
No (175)
34.11%

Watched Threads