The Student Room Group

Ncs dilemma

Summaries this please

Ncs dilemma

Summaries this please
Reply 1
???
I think ncs is a sh;tty government program designed to show who gets work experience and who simply shows up to a course for a few weeks. Honestly I would never do it and I think it should be aimed at primary school children not teenagers.
Reply 3
Original post by xxlucyrowexx
I think ncs is a sh;tty government program designed to show who gets work experience and who simply shows up to a course for a few weeks. Honestly I would never do it and I think it should be aimed at primary school children not teenagers.

yeah theres it's really a mixed bag like opinions ranging from really bad to amazing and i just dont know what to believe and dont want to waste my summer and miss out on other things just for giving it a go
Reply 4
Yeah, i did it 3 years ago and it was rubbish tbh, but i've seen that it's something you either really enjoy or you don't at all. I decided to go with 3 friends, on the acception that we shared a room together. When setting it all up i was reassured several times that we were all sharing a room.. Then, on the day it all happens and we arrive at the place, they sort out the rooms, and all of my friends were together, and i was with 3 randoms. The only reason this annoyed/upset me so much was because of the type of person i am. I'm really shy/reserved and I was reassured several times that I wouldn't be split up from them. I get that the whole point of the program is to make new friends and do things out of your comfort zone, but i just wasn't comfortable in that position at all lmao.
Reply 5
Original post by GraceeT
Yeah, i did it 3 years ago and it was rubbish tbh, but i've seen that it's something you either really enjoy or you don't at all. I decided to go with 3 friends, on the acception that we shared a room together. When setting it all up i was reassured several times that we were all sharing a room.. Then, on the day it all happens and we arrive at the place, they sort out the rooms, and all of my friends were together, and i was with 3 randoms. The only reason this annoyed/upset me so much was because of the type of person i am. I'm really shy/reserved and I was reassured several times that I wouldn't be split up from them. I get that the whole point of the program is to make new friends and do things out of your comfort zone, but i just wasn't comfortable in that position at all lmao.

ugh thats so annoying that you were separated from them wtf? that would out me in a bad mood from the get go and tbh i dont really mind not being with my friend but i ultimately dont want it to be bad and then regret wasting time and money on it. i dont mind meeting new people but im easily irritated so... yeah we'll see haha
Reply 6
Original post by noorh
ugh thats so annoying that you were separated from them wtf? that would out me in a bad mood from the get go and tbh i dont really mind not being with my friend but i ultimately dont want it to be bad and then regret wasting time and money on it. i dont mind meeting new people but im easily irritated so... yeah we'll see haha

Yeah it sucked that bad, that after the first week i just went home, and didnt go back for the other 3 weeks lmao. I understand where you're coming from. From the actual ncs side of things, it wasn't too bad.. like the activites were fun on the first week and whatever, but I heard that the other few weeks were rubbish and boring.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending