The Student Room Group

AQA as unit 2 government and politics todays paper

hello, i was wodnering how everyone felt about the paper today. i was planning on ansering the consitution and prime minister - however in the exam got confused with prime minister and parliment so ended up accidently answeing parliment and only realised when i was halfway through the 25 marker to which there was only 10 minutes left.

i was basically wondering if anyone else answerd parliment and in so what were thier points for the 10 and 25 marker. thank yoouuu p
Reply 1
please reply as quick as possible becuase i am stressing so much that i got it wrong

the question was how do mps in the hosue of commons scrutinse exectuive
i wrote that they could vote against legislation - backbench mps
i wrote about how they are not bound by collective responsiblity or ministeral presponsiblity and so can use the media to scrutise executive
i wrote about how mps have prime ministeral questions to scrutinise her
i wrote how mps have a personal mandate and have more power over the executive because they are directly voted by the public
i wrote about how parliment can call a vote of no confidence
then i said however prime ministers have patronage pwoers so can use these to reward conservative backbenchers so they are less likey to scrutise her
do you think that will get me marks? or is it not relivent?
What exam board are you with? I don't remember seeing this question come up today. However, all of those are fantastic and valid points for the question, so I don't think you should be worried.

Original post by fredd99
please reply as quick as possible becuase i am stressing so much that i got it wrong

i wrote about how they are not bound by collective responsiblity or ministeral presponsiblity and so can use the media to scrutise executive
i wrote how mps have a personal mandate and have more power over the executive because they are directly voted by the public
then i said however prime ministers have patronage pwoers so can use these to reward conservative backbenchers so they are less likey to scrutise her
Reply 3
Original post by ZoehLawliet
What exam board are you with? I don't remember seeing this question come up today. However, all of those are fantastic and valid points for the question, so I don't think you should be worried.

aqa; thank youuuuuu
Reply 4
i'm worrying now because for the 25 markers, i wrote about early day motion, Oral Questions and PMQs and the advantages and disadvantages about it.

For the 10 marker i wrote about party whips and MPs feeling as they owe their party for their electoral success because UK politics in more party centred.
Original post by fredd99

i wrote something very similar for this question, PMQ's minsiters cant really scrutinise due to collective responsibility, backbench rebellion i wrote about whips which reduce power of MPs to scrutinise :smile:
Reply 6
thanks for everyone ignoring me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending