Why do people like Love Island?

Watch
intelligent con
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
It is a show that sums up everything wrong with the west. It's filled with narcissistic airheads spending all their time trying to breed like rabbits. I do not understand why even intelligent people seem to enjoy this crap.

It corrupts the morals of the youth by promoting drugs alcohol and illegal sex so should be banned.
noorh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
its really not as bad as you make it seem, im guessing you havent watched it. honestly its boring and innocent in ways, despite the sex, and its entertainment at the end of the day.
Kev lad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by intelligent con)
It is a show that sums up everything wrong with the west. It's filled with narcissistic airheads spending all their time trying to breed like rabbits. I do not understand why even intelligent people seem to enjoy this crap.

It corrupts the morals of the youth by promoting drugs alcohol and illegal sex so should be banned.
It doesn’t promote drugs...
And people like it because it’s interesting and funny but tbf I only watch it for the gals 😏
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Its a complete, utter load of shite.
ow can anyone enjoy that rubbish. Id rather watch paint dry.
offwhite_crepes
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
because its funny
Galactic tears
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
Id rather watch paint dry.
Same
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You still on TSR? I remember you from back in the day, good man one of the best trolls.

Nothing wrong with Love Island being popular, use it as an opportunity to grind while your competition's glued to the TV.
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Doesn't exactly promote drugs considering all the contestants have to pass a drug test before appearing on the show

People like it for the same reason anyone likes anything, because it's entertaining or funny or they can relate to it. It's trashy TV, no one can deny that, but it's easy viewing and enables people to switch off after a day at work etc. I think assuming people who watch it are stupid is a huge generalisation and holds no basis in reality.
MillieBobbyBrown
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Tommy recoupled with Lucie
Trapmoneybenny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Its a stupid show for sure, but it is a reflection of the masses and their thinking. This show probably wouldn't have been aired or if it was, would've been pulled because of pathetic ratings if people didn't quasi-worship social media stars who carefully manage and curate their images online.

To the best of my knowledge none of these islanders are intellectuals and their lives revolve around parties, social media and good old fashioned hedonism. In my opinion it's more of an indictment on the people who actively watch and follow these imbeciles on TV
Last edited by Trapmoneybenny; 2 years ago
Healthing109
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well to the best of your knowledge is wrong, guess you should've checked
One is an aircraft engineer, one has a degree in biomedical sciences and one is a scientist
(Original post by Trapmoneybenny)
Its a stupid show for sure, but it is a reflection of the masses and their thinking. This show probably wouldn't have been aired or if it was, would've been pulled because of pathetic ratings if people didn't quasi-worship social media stars who carefully manage and curate their images online.

To the best of my knowledge none of these islanders are intellectuals and their lives revolve around parties, social media and good old fashioned hedonism. In my opinion it's more of an indictment on the people who actively watch and follow these imbeciles on TV
japan655
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
bang on. IT'S FUNNY
(Original post by offwhite_crepes)
because its funny
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've never watched it and never will...got no time for unrealistic expectations/fantasies
Last edited by Zoeyyyyyyyy; 2 years ago
greenapples2
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
the show may be bad but the people who don't watch it think they have a PhD in maturity
username3774332
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
from a 5 second scene i've seen, it looks low budget and they all look like chavs
username402722
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Trapmoneybenny)

The more they do, the less they think about things such as the real issues facing this country- didn't one of the contestants last year not know what Brexit is? So we then end up with the impending act of self-harm that is Brexit and the national disgrace that could befall us of Boris Johnson as Prime Minister.
WastedWan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Pathetic people worshiping worthless narcissists
Last edited by WastedWan; 1 year ago
amy and nicole
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
its not about drugs and it defiantly does not promote them either. yes you see them kissing and snogging you do not see them having sex the most you will see is from the top of the duvet the people are covered you do not see anything else.
manu04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Bro ur welcome to go back to Iran we don’t have haram laws here
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.57%
I need help researching courses (12)
7.19%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.79%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
42.51%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.8%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.78%

Watched Threads