?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Do you get an additional ten percent leaniancy on assingments for Social Work
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by merry365)
Do you get an additional ten percent leaniancy on assingments for Social Work
It is your responsibility to ask your tutor or department what the rules are. If you get it wrong you will be penalised. You need to know the rule for certain. It may be in your student handbook.

x) Word Count for Assignments

Each assignment you are asked to complete will have a word limit and your tutors will make clear to you what this limit is in the assignment briefs they will give you.

The front cover sheet you will be asked to complete before handing in your work will ask you to confirm the word limit for that assignment and will also ask you to indicate the number of words you have actually used. The word count should include all quotes and citations within the main text, but should exclude appendices and bibliographies. There are penalties for exceeding the word limit you have been given by your tutors. These penalties are as follows:

Students who exceed the word limit by up to 10% will not be penalised.

Students who exceed the word limit by more than 10% will have their mark reduced by 10 percentage points.

Where assignments have only two grades available (pass or fail), students who exceed the word limit by more than 10% will be graded as ‘fail’.
merry365
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
damn i went over by 6 words , i really hope it dosent affecr my grade to much. im getting them tomorrow and now im worried. i should have checked
merry365
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Hi

is this for Birmingham City University or ..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.44%
No I don't (152)
47.06%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.5%

Watched Threads