Art Uni Bournemouth or Uni of East London for Foundation ?? HELP Watch

Dunzin
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi! I'm an international student who will enrol in Art Foundation at one of these two uni this Sept. I'm about to study BA fashion design in the future so which of these two uni will support for my future university. And do you guys have any review about AUB and UEL foundation course? Which is better? what are pros and cons of each?
Look forward hearing from you guys! Many thanks!!!!
Livazzo2017
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was in an interview for the Art Foundation at one of the Art Unis in London (CSM) and I didn't like the vibe there, everyone is too competitive and the artwork produced by the students all looked the same! However the fashion sector of the Art foundation was the strongest and was the most promoted. I say go to Bournemouth as they will focus more on you developing into a medium that you are comfortable with. Also London is hella expensive and even though your in a city if you don't meet the right people it can be very isolating going to a City Uni. I suggest Bournemouth because there will be more of a community and it will be nicer living on a campus. Also when I went to the the interview I noticed that international students kinda came in their own cliques, which can be very intimidating and isolating if you don't make friends fast, there seems to be too much pressure with London Art unis that give me the wrong vibe. I think it's best to go to a Uni that doesn't try to sell themselves soley on reputation and how to come up with fast abstract designs to compensate for a lack of skill in designing (Legit all of the Foundation students books I looked at couldn't even draw very well it was all based off of poncy concepts). As someone who wants to go into Photography / Textile design I'm more of a practicle person so I found Bournemouth and Loughborough focused more about developing a skill in a medium rather than a concept which suited me more.

Lol well thats all I'm gunna say, hope it helps in making a decicion!
Dunzin
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Livazzo2017)
I was in an interview for the Art Foundation at one of the Art Unis in London (CSM) and I didn't like the vibe there, everyone is too competitive and the artwork produced by the students all looked the same! However the fashion sector of the Art foundation was the strongest and was the most promoted. I say go to Bournemouth as they will focus more on you developing into a medium that you are comfortable with. Also London is hella expensive and even though your in a city if you don't meet the right people it can be very isolating going to a City Uni. I suggest Bournemouth because there will be more of a community and it will be nicer living on a campus. Also when I went to the the interview I noticed that international students kinda came in their own cliques, which can be very intimidating and isolating if you don't make friends fast, there seems to be too much pressure with London Art unis that give me the wrong vibe. I think it's best to go to a Uni that doesn't try to sell themselves soley on reputation and how to come up with fast abstract designs to compensate for a lack of skill in designing (Legit all of the Foundation students books I looked at couldn't even draw very well it was all based off of poncy concepts). As someone who wants to go into Photography / Textile design I'm more of a practicle person so I found Bournemouth and Loughborough focused more about developing a skill in a medium rather than a concept which suited me more.

Lol well thats all I'm gunna say, hope it helps in making a decicion!
Omg that’s very nice of you for giving me such a informative and clear advices as well as personal experience. I ponder on studying at Art uni Bournemouth because I read students’ reviews in 2016 saying that the facility is okay but the staffs aren’t, they didn’t support their students leading to the problems that students have to self learn everything or learn from each other, which is quite difficult for international applicants because we don’t have a good base . I don’t say that the lecturers have to teach me everything but I look forward to teachers who support their students in positive ways. As in Asia countries, we don’t take Art as a subject in high school therefore we don’t have a good base, every skills we have come from self learning, youtube or extra classes etc... That’s also the reason why I choose to study abroad because I believe that lecturer in developed countries not only can develop my art skills academically but also give me a good foundation . So I hope that I can find a place having friendly and supportive staffs. I still consider AUB, hopefully the attitude of staffs has changed positively. 😄
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (23)
6.42%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (207)
57.82%
No (128)
35.75%

Watched Threads