Should you be revising but aren't? Post pics of ur work as you study to motivate u ! Watch

Anon_98
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi TSR, I thought this would be a nice thread idea to motivate yourself to keep revising esp as we're getting to the end of a really gruelling period and I'm probably not the only student who's will is going downhill.

So basically how this works is you share pictures of your notes/mindmaps/youtube watching/flashcards/whatever in the moment of your revision.

I feel like if you are posting with pictures doing stuff, that might encourage you to keep going + to get it completed.

My OP is a bit of a shambles + so I hope it all makes sense but I've just woken up in tears + i just feel like there's so much pressure to seem like you've got it together + as though you're rising above the stress but im really struggling at the moment + can barely go an hour without crying + there isn't a choice right now so i'm just trying to keep myself going bc I don't have time not to.

It's all well and good writing your revision intentions down, but when everything gets a bit more difficult, I feel higher measures are required.

If none of this makes sense then I'll hopefully be able to demonstrate how this thread works today.

You could argue that by going through the effort of posting photos you are wasting precious studying time but the reality is I am not studying anywhere near as much as I should be at the moment, if at all, therefore if those two seconds of uploading result in me finally doing more than stare at my bedroom walls then that's all that matters.

It's preferred that you post images *as* you are revising, rather than post any completed previous work you've done bc that's not the aim of this thread.

The aim of this thread is to encourage any students who are currently struggling to get those half-completed mindmaps completed, its to get those pens and paper to work and it's to just get you back in the motion of the revision ocean.

So if you're struggling to finish off some work despite the fact your exams are closing in on you and if you're feeling like you have nothing else to give towards your education then please feel free to post your work here and then post again whilst you're moving forward with it.

Kind of like 'before' and 'after' photos.

If this works, you'll be able to visually see your personal progression and that may motivate you further. You can post as many or as few times as you like whilst completing your set task.

You can also choose to include captions explaining your current revision if you wish to do so.

It doesn't matter if you've got loads to complete and if it's really slow progress. It doesn't matter if your mind-map is currently a blank piece of paper.

Hopefully by using this thread you will be able to change that before it's too late.

At least, I intend that to be the case for me.
pottah
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is a really cool idea! You should get a studyblr, there are loads of really cool people on there who post a lot of motivation/tips as well as pics of their notes and studying
Anon_98
Rep:
?
before

Anon_98
Rep:
?
in progress

areyouhuman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
that is such a good idea! here’s me in progress learning about Elizabeth I on Seneca Name:  56874480-92DF-4357-80C8-052B4C5D1E65.jpg.jpeg
Views: 43
Size:  37.8 KB
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anon_98
Rep:
?
after

Anon_98
Rep:
?
before

Anon_98
Rep:
?
in progress

Name:  IMG_8329.JPG
Views: 42
Size:  146.6 KB
Anon_98
Rep:
?
still in progress

do i need to buy a new biro so i have something to write with in my exam, that'd be a yes

Name:  IMG_8331.JPG
Views: 40
Size:  65.4 KB
Anon_98
Rep:
?
still in progress

Name:  IMG_8337.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  127.2 KB
Anon_98
Rep:
?
back + progressing

Name:  IMG_8339.JPG
Views: 42
Size:  191.5 KB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (1105)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.96%
It was TERRIBLE (294)
12.42%

Watched Threads