The Student Room Group

AQA A Level German (Listening Reading Writing) 5th June 2018

Did everyone else find that as hard as I did?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yup it was horrific and way harder than the specimen in my opinion
Reply 2
Wtaf was that paper omg
The listening Zusammenfassung took me so much time!
Reply 4
Let’s just hope the grade boundary for an A is like 10/100 😂
Reply 5
Original post by loginrunner
The listening Zusammenfassung took me so much time!

I agree, the reading one wasn’t too bad but the listening was a **** show 😂
Original post by s-roli
I agree, the reading one wasn’t too bad but the listening was a **** show 😂

And so much vocab that I've never even seen before!
Reply 7
I know!! I didn’t even know what half of the texts were talking about I just copied the bit that looked relevant 😂😂
You're all gonna hate me but I thought it was great, except the translations were a bit mean
They should have given us words like 'heiter'
Then again I need an A so I did a lot of revision
I have been revising non stop, got consistent As throughout the year , find practice easy, and have one to one lessons. I found that exam horrible. Really really horrible . so much I didn't understand exactly and therefore found hard to answer the questions. The fudge even was that exam !!! I went in so confident in my abilities for once and came out crying; I hope the grade boundaries are super low!
I had to skip the 2 reading box fill questions just have time to decipher the listening Zusammenfassung 😫 I need a B but at this point I’d be surprised if I get a C
Reply 11
Literally nothing could have prepared us for that exam! There was so much random vocab that I’d never come across before, and I’ve been revising since the beginning of AS 😂 for the R, F, NA questions what did people put for the first one? I said NA but a lot of people in my class said R 🤔
Original post by jetedeteste
I had to skip the 2 reading box fill questions just have time to decipher the listening Zusammenfassung 😫 I need a B but at this point I’d be surprised if I get a C
Original post by s-roli
Literally nothing could have prepared us for that exam! There was so much random vocab that I’d never come across before, and I’ve been revising since the beginning of AS 😂 for the R, F, NA questions what did people put for the first one? I said NA but a lot of people in my class said R 🤔

I put R, that was one of the few I didn’t guess haha
I thought it was horrible and incredibly unfair
Original post by s-roli

I put NA because it didn't specifically say anything about the number of atheists growing - legit was tearing my hair out about most of those questions haha! Wasn't the best paper I won't lie haha
I felt like none of the vocab I studied so hard in the spec came up!? Wth
Reply 16
Original post by evebennettx
I put NA because it didn't specifically say anything about the number of atheists growing - legit was tearing my hair out about most of those questions haha! Wasn't the best paper I won't lie haha

Wait are you actually Eve Bennett?! 😂
No it wasn’t great tbf, I felt so stupid the whole exam because I did so much revision and now it all feels pointless 😂😭
Got French as well on the 18th so if it’s anything like German then rip me xoxoxo
Original post by s-roli
Wait are you actually Eve Bennett?! 😂
No it wasn’t great tbf, I felt so stupid the whole exam because I did so much revision and now it all feels pointless 😂😭
Got French as well on the 18th so if it’s anything like German then rip me xoxoxo

Yeah I am haha - and yeah that was the exam I'd revised most for and i made so many silly little mistakes on the translation.... you only need 22/30 ticks for 8-10 so I am praying i've not done as bad as i think!
Reply 18
Really? Wow aha 😂
Yeah i found the translation into English alright, i knew neigen which i was proud of ahah (I think that was in the german to English one😂)
I’m sure you’ll do amazing!! 💛
Original post by s-roli
Really? Wow aha 😂
Yeah i found the translation into English alright, i knew neigen which i was proud of ahah (I think that was in the german to English one😂)
I’m sure you’ll do amazing!! 💛

I literally had just a few minutes left for the last translation so I rushed it quite a bit and just completely guessed neigen, I just looked it up now and I guessed it correctly, I'm so relieved😌😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending