Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. What the title said. It's like someone has accessed a website account of mine, and sent me an e-mail from it. Or used my details to make an account somewhere. Hotmail blocked the message and I've changed my e-mail password- is there anything else I should do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodles!)
    Yeah. What the title said. It's like someone has accessed a website account of mine, and sent me an e-mail from it. Or used my details to make an account somewhere. Hotmail blocked the message and I've changed my e-mail password- is there anything else I should do?
    You can write programs very easily to send email from any address you want. Wouldn't worry about it, it's just a technique used by spammers.

what did it say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh00001)
    what did it say?
    I dunno, hotmail blocked it and I didn't dare open the content for fear of a virus or something.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it was somebody with the same name as you and they wanted to say hi? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodles!)
    I dunno, hotmail blocked it and I didn't dare open the content for fear of a virus or something.
    just dont open the attachment.. and people can get viruses to you much easier than just emails these days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgirl)
    Maybe it was somebody with the same name as you and they wanted to say hi? :p:
    was definitely my email though, when the msn thing popped up, it had my display pic on and everything.

I shall just ignore it though.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.