The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

SLT with Greenwich at Medway

I'm about to interview for the BSc Speech and Language course. I know they've only done post-grad before, so there aren't any current students but wondered if there are any other applicants.

Or anyone else doing a course with CCCU/Greenwich.

How do you choose which uni to register with?
Reply 1
Hiya, I have been accepted onto the course at Greenwich starting September 2018. It’s been nearly 10 years since I was last at uni so quite daunting! Did you get on? X
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Lemony24
Hiya, I have been accepted onto the course at Greenwich starting September 2018. It’s been nearly 10 years since I was last at uni so quite daunting! Did you get on? X

Yes! I'm thrilled, but terrified - I went to uni 15 yrs ago and dropped out, so this is a huge step for me.
Just have to dot the i's and cross the t's on all the paperwork.
Reply 3
Original post by immature_student
Yes! I'm thrilled, but terrified - I went to uni 15 yrs ago and dropped out, so this is a huge step for me.
Just have to dot the i's and cross the t's on all the paperwork.

Ahh well I look forward to meeting you in September!!
Ahh well I look forward to meeting you in September!!

Lemony, have you had anything in the post or anything at all from Greenwich?
Reply 5
No but I emailed Ruth and she confirmed the timetable we got, and said it’s been accredited by RCSLT and they’ve met the conditions applied by HCPC but final validation meeting isn’t until week before we start! She said she will send a welcome email to all when everyone has accepted their place but still waiting for some, and that we will be in 9/10 am all day every day of induction week but she will send an induction timetable nearer the time x
No but I emailed Ruth and she confirmed the timetable we got, and said it’s been accredited by RCSLT and they’ve met the conditions applied by HCPC but final validation meeting isn’t until week before we start! She said she will send a welcome email to all when everyone has accepted their place but still waiting for some, and that we will be in 9/10 am all day every day of induction week but she will send an induction timetable nearer the time x

Just had my first hep b vaccine, and doing all the occupational health paperwork. Oh my goodness there is so much to do!
Reply 7
There really is a lot to do! I’ve got my first Heb b booked end of August but my GP said there’s a shortage so they won’t do it and I need to speak to occupational health so will call today. Also waiting for GP to finish signing the form so I can send that off to OH too!Have you done your DBS? I can’t get the website to work to ‘buy’ my check. Very frustrating this whole process!
I am trying to do the OH form, but I don't know a lot of the info, and I'm struggling to fit 34 years of medical history in - surely they can't need everything! I've done the form for the DBS, but still need to take my paperwork down to campus (I think). I had to call around for the HepB, my GP don't do it, and the local travel clinic only had Israeli vaccine which isn't licensed in the UK, so I've found somewhere ages away and it's £85 a pop :frown:
Hi I'm applying for this course to start in September. Can you give me a rough idea of the timetable (how many days of lectures etc). I have two children and also need to work part-time. Any help would be aporeciated.
Hi Lottie! The course starts off three days a week (10am-3/4pm) for the first semester. It's harder in semester two with placements, you'll be in uni 2 days, but have a certain number of clinicla vists to fit in, some weeks I had none, some weeks two/three.

They are pretty understanding of personal lives though; I have two children, and I've got through it so far!

When do you hear if you've got a place?
Original post by Lottieburford
Hi I'm applying for this course to start in September. Can you give me a rough idea of the timetable (how many days of lectures etc). I have two children and also need to work part-time. Any help would be aporeciated.
Hi thanks for your response it's certainly helped me with my decision. I'm have applied to Student Finance and just about to send off UCAS application so a few weeks yet. I will let you know if I get on 🤞
Good luck!
I've been invited to a selection morning on 9th July. I'm hoping this is a good sign. I'm a bit nervous about the interview part but should be fine.
Great news. Good luck!
Original post by Lottieburford
I've been invited to a selection morning on 9th July. I'm hoping this is a good sign. I'm a bit nervous about the interview part but should be fine.
I got offered a place and accepted so start in September 😊
Amazing news, well done!

See you in September!

Quick Reply

Latest