Science - Thermal Insulation ISA. Watch

username130457
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Does anyone have any tips on the Thermal Insulation ISA for AQA Science A?

I've learned all the 'How Science Works' key words and I've studied my experiment thoroughly...

Can anyone who did the ISA previously tell me the nature of the paper - is it hard/easy and what topics would i need to emphasis my revision on?

This is my last ISA (we did two) on my previous one i scored lowly (23/34) which i guess will drag my A/A* down that i achieved on the modules?

Any-who, any tips will be greatly appreciated. I really want to do well on this one! .

~Ramadulla
username130457
Cheating? I did not ask for answers, just what i should revise for the paper. Idiot.
username130457
(Original post by ScottyDawgUk)
For the paper? Surely thats cheating. If you wanted to know what to revise you should have gone to the specification.

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE HIM ANY INFO. REGARDING THIS ISA.

Me thinks TSR should inform AQA of people discussing ISAs onto here. Edexcel have their regulations so.... please sort out.
Haha. Try and find out my Candidate number first . Oh, or my name?
electriic_ink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ScottyDawgUK)
PLEASE DO NOT GIVE HIM ANY INFO. REGARDING THIS ISA.
It's not cheating - it's coursework. Stop scaremongering!

My advice would be to also revise the actual work on thermal insulation as well as HSW and your experiment. I have not done this exact ISA before although I imagine that, as with all ISAs, some of the questions will draw from your knowledge of thermal insulation.
electriic_ink
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mmm... you fool. You have to write a written test and the OP wanted to know the 'nature' of the paper. What does that mean other than tell me whats in it.
You would think if AQA were that desperate to stop people knowing the nature of the paper, they would not make the times when you could sit the exam so relaxed and force candidates to sit it in June as with normal exams.

This is coursework and, as with all coursework helping people a little is acceptable. He wants to know the nature of the paper, not to be given a question-by-question analysis.
electriic_ink
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh what so you're saying that telling this guy whats in the paper is ok because its not an exam taken in June.

The nature of the paper; Thermal Insulation, thats it.
Whatever form the coursework is in: a project, an essay or an exam, it's still coursework. The same "coursework" rules apply across the board.
electriic_ink
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
so what are coursework rules then? You do realise that you have to SIGN a letter saying that you have recieved NO additional help.
Yes. "No additional help." Additional to what? For instance, for French I used the internet for a lot of help (eg to teach me the subjunctive and passive voice) and had to declare that in a bibliography at the back of my essay. I signed the letter Thursday and no-one has complained about my help yet. This is the "coursework rules".
m8nmina0h4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm with ScottyDawgUK, whilst you may be able to get away with cheating on coursework, it is still against the rules.
m8nmina0h4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No that is fine, but if you had a mark scheme of the coursework, or had copied it, that would have been against the rules. The OP wants to know what is on the paper... That is against the rules

It's just the same as me asking you what was on the GCSE exam paper as you took an hour before me.. Which is why people have to be kept in isolation if they are taking the paper at different times, but due to the nature of ISAs and the various times they can be taken, this is not possible.
electriic_ink
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by KnightRider)
It's just the same as me asking you what was on the GCSE exam paper as you took an hour before me.. Which is why people have to be kept in isolation if they are taking the paper at different times, but due to the nature of ISAs and the various times they can be taken, this is not possible.
Perhaps, although you'd have thought AQA would be a bit more careful about when they place the exams so as to avoid this...
electriic_ink
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, they havent in all honesty.

That doesnt make cheating justifiable then
If AQA wanted to avoid such "cheating", then they would have placed the exam in June and made double science a coursework-less GCSE. That is all that makes me think that telling people the "nature" of the exam justifiable.

I do not see it as cheating, although if it is, at least it's a crime I'm innocent of. But really, if AQA were so bothered they would not make the times when you could sit the exam so relaxed.
m8nmina0h4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by electriic_ink)
If AQA wanted to avoid such "cheating", then they would have placed the exam in June and made double science a coursework-less GCSE. That is all that makes me think that telling people the "nature" of the exam justifiable.

I do not see it as cheating, although if it is, at least it's a crime I'm innocent of. But really, if AQA were so bothered they would not make the times when you could sit the exam so relaxed.
Okay so I'm assuming you also believe all other coursework should be done in strict exam conditions and all at the same?
electriic_ink
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Okay so I'm assuming you also believe all other coursework should be done in strict exam conditions and all at the same?
No I don't think any coursework should, which is why I want to give the OP as much help as I'm allowed to, thus taking away some of the exam-ness from the ISA.
m8nmina0h4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by electriic_ink)
No I don't think any coursework should, which is why I want to give the OP as much help as I'm allowed to, thus taking away some of the exam-ness from the ISA.
Okay, you want to help him, fine, BUT the point is that it is against the rules, no matter how strict the board are on enforcing them, it does not change the fact that it is against the rules!
username130457
Okay, you want to help him, fine, BUT the point is that it is against the rules, no matter how strict the board are on enforcing them, it does not change the fact that it is against the rules!
Wow. You are such an idiot, how am I cheating? I've done the experiment by myself, identified the variables etc...
I just want to know what i should revise like with any other ISA. So you're saying somebody giving you tips on an English essay (let's say Shakespeare for an example) other than your teacher is cheating? The person isn't actually doing it for you - the person will only be providing tips! I did not say "Hi everyone, please tell me the questions that will be on this ISA, oh my god is there a question about validity"

If AQA was so concerned about the ISAs they wouldn't make a Teachers' forum for them to discuss it in - without a password or anything. And to be honest I already know that this ISA has something to do with U-values. Didn't need you to 'cheat' me on that sir, eh?

Thank you for clarifying that it is AQA's coursework element and not an exam. This is why it is assessed alongside the PSA (Practical skills assignment).

~Ramadulla
m8nmina0h4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ramadulla)
Wow. You are such an idiot, how am I cheating? I've done the experiment by myself, identified the variables etc...
I just want to know what i should revise like with any other ISA. So you're saying somebody giving you tips on an English essay (let's say Shakespeare for an example) other than your teacher is cheating? The person isn't actually doing it for you - the person will only be providing tips! I did not say "Hi everyone, please tell me the questions that will be on this ISA, oh my god is there a question about validity"

If AQA was so concerned about the ISAs they wouldn't make a Teachers' forum for them to discuss it in - without a password or anything. And to be honest I already know that this ISA has something to do with U-values. Didn't need you to 'cheat' me on that sir, eh?

Thank you for clarifying that it is AQA's coursework element and not an exam. This is why it is assessed alongside the PSA (Practical skills assignment).

~Ramadulla
What do you think you should revise? Read the specification. You say you've done other ISAs then you already know what you need to revise, variables, reliability, validity, accuracy etc.. You didn't need to post to find that out. Anything else, is cheating
electriic_ink
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I beg to differ (see all previous posts).
username130457
So you've already cheated then. So why are you asking us for the answer you ugly cheating cretinous moron.
Not so pretty yourself :p:.
Good job on the ban (y).
m8nmina0h4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ramadulla)
Not so pretty yourself :p:.
Good job on the ban (y).
It'll be you next if you keep it up.
username130457
Nope. I'm a good boy, no warning points .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (864)
80.3%
Leave (212)
19.7%

Watched Threads