Science - Thermal Insulation ISA. Watch

electriic_ink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good luck on the ISA. If you don't do too well, you can retake them in Yr11 so it's not the end of the world.
username130457
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by electriic_ink)
Good luck on the ISA. If you don't do too well, you can retake them in Yr11 so it's not the end of the world.
But in year 11 we do Additional Science; which is a different course...?
So them ISAs won't count towards this Science A course.
electriic_ink
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ramadulla)
But in year 11 we do Additional Science; which is a different course...?
So them ISAs won't count towards this Science A course.
No. I know at our school people who were 1 or 2 marks off the next grade boundary are retaking one of their Core Science ISAs after school to improve their grade. That is on top of the 3 ISAs for the Additional Science GCSE.
JohnnyD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You only need 1 ISA for each subject - so for Core and Additional and the Extension (unit 3) they use the best ISA that you achieved for each subject. So if you got 30/40 as your best for Chemistry then they would use that mark for Core, Additonal and Extension if you were to do it.
Scientific Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I feel sorry for you Ramadullah - with the sort of awful responses you are having to put up with on this thread...

Good luck with your ISA - just make sure you revise everything and familiarise yourself with the questions - I recommend you have a go at the specimen papers, they are always very good practise and can be found on the exam board's website.

Once again, good luck!
username130457
(Original post by bonbon)
I'm with knight rider and scotty on this one - why was scotty banned? Anyway, I have done this ISA and unlike you I did not go round forums looking to cheat.

Its not fair on everyone else who had to take the exam unsure of the topic if cheaters like you enter the exam knowing all the answers.

Please all moral people do not help this person.
It's not cheating, it's research which shows you care about what you're going to get. Neither is it an unfair advantage to other candidates because anyone with a brain can go on the internet to find the same sources - pretty obvious really.
username130457
Thanks for the help everyone, I sat the ISA today and I must say that it was pretty easy . My prediction was right; it was about U values. Woah, I'm a genius!
samanthaX
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
well done mate!
username130457
(Original post by samanthaX)
well done mate!
Thanks mate!
By the way, knowing the topic on the ISA doesn't help at all! I don't know how you guys thought it was cheating...
m8nmina0h4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ramadulla)
Thanks mate!
By the way, knowing the topic on the ISA doesn't help at all! I don't know how you guys thought it was cheating...
Because I thought you were trying to find out what they were specifically asking in the ISA.. Asking generally what you could be tested on ISAs would have been fine but knowing any more would have been classed as cheating, whether you believe it is or isn't doesn't matter, that is what the board would class it as..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads