Predictions for AQA A Level English Lang and Lit?

Watch
janderson854
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Paper 1 (Paris, The Lovely Bones, Duffy poetry) is on Thursday - has anyone got any predictions for the questions?
Hsnkx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not sure but we’re doing Frankenstein. I hope Paris questions doesn’t include the seven ages of Paris or the letter. Quite confident for tomrrw though overall.
janderson854
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hsnkx)
Not sure but we’re doing Frankenstein. Are you doing carol Ann Duffy for poetry?
Yes I am!
Hsnkx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by janderson854)
Yes I am!
Just realised you’d put that in brackets lol
janderson854
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hsnkx)
Just realised you’d put that in brackets lol
How did you revise?
Hsnkx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For poetry Iv gone through each one and annotated then again but it’s quite hard to revise English tbh. I’m going to keeping going over terminology tomrrw before the exam hby??
janderson854
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hsnkx)
For poetry Iv gone through each one and annotated then again but it’s quite hard to revise English tbh. I’m going to keeping going over terminology tomrrw before the exam hby??
Same i don't really know terminology, it's quite hard to revise for English tbh. Paris and poetry are all basically device spotting, and then the prose is just learning context and knowing the right terminology?
eleanorw_x
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm doing Paris, Frankenstein and Duffy!!! Surprised so many people are doing lit lang hahaha. But I'm so nervous I want an A but all I know my coursework is is that it's above 30, any ideas what id need to get in the exam??
janderson854
Rep:
?
(Original post by eleanorw_x)
I'm doing Paris, Frankenstein and Duffy!!! Surprised so many people are doing lit lang hahaha. But I'm so nervous I want an A but all I know my coursework is is that it's above 30, any ideas what id need to get in the exam??
I need at least a B, so I'm very worried
eleanorw_x
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I need at least a B, so I'm very worried
what did you get for your coursework??
janderson854
Rep:
?
what did you get for your coursework??
Our teacher never told us, wby?
eleanorw_x
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Our teacher never told us, wby?
OMG same!!!!! what is it with them doing that lol
janderson854
Rep:
?
I think the NEA is only worth 20%?
eleanorw_x
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yeah thankfully it is but it can still bring your grade up or down have you got any tips for Frankenstein question, I think it'll be slightly harder this year as it's the second year
janderson854
Rep:
?
yeah thankfully it is but it can still bring your grade up or down have you got any tips for Frankenstein question, I think it'll be slightly harder this year as it's the second year
Answer me this: from what you've been taught, what are the possible questions that could come up?
eleanorw_x
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
okay um maybe the DeLacey family?? Frankenstein and Elizabeth's relationship, significance of setting, science or religion, significance of family and importance of females is pretty much it
janderson854
Rep:
?
okay um maybe the DeLacey family?? Frankenstein and Elizabeth's relationship, significance of setting, science or religion, significance of family and importance of females is pretty much it
No but like the actual question itself, like character or setting? Because we've only been taught character or setting questions, and I think there's other questions that could come up?
eleanorw_x
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
oh right the only other thing I could think of is like themes it's difficult because there's only 1 past paper hahaha. I think love might come up for Duffy
janderson854
Rep:
?
oh right the only other thing I could think of is like themes it's difficult because there's only 1 past paper hahaha. I think love might come up for Duffy
I have a feeling love will come up too! I hope so anyway since there's a lot you can talk about for it
eleanorw_x
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
really but me too I'll be so happy I'll do Valentine and first love thankfully there's choice in Frankenstein and Duffy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (252)
39.75%
Take autumn exams (188)
29.65%
Look for a job (21)
3.31%
Consider an apprenticeship (25)
3.94%
Take a year out (110)
17.35%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (38)
5.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed