Turn on thread page Beta

annoying friends!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    oh god, this is going to be a long rant. and i know i sound like an evil person for saying this but **** it, i've held this in far too long and i just need a rant!

okay so basically i have these three annoying friends that i just don't want in my life anymore.

girl one: background info: so my sister is in the lower six and i'm in the upper. we naturally hang out with the same people and are always together. so there's this girl yeah, she's cool and all but eversince her [not so recent] break up with this guy, she's been all clingy to my sister. Like SUPER clingy, i'm not even kidding. she follows her everywhere, pulls her aside to have 'private' conversations and is just ANNOYING. the most annoying is when she asks me where my sister is like every two seconds of the day. like ****ing hell, i'm her sister not her keeper. we can be in different places at the same time you know! grrrr. i mean, i want to be a good friend to her, be there to hear her problems and all but she needs to get over this guy ASAP. the break up was in January, i think she should just start to move on. and i'm friends with the guy she used to go out with, like really good friends. so he talks to me about this girl and how she keeps on following him and his friends around, like she's still part of the gang, and as if she was being subtle about ignoring him. like duhh we can all tell you just want him to think you're over him but nobody's really buying it! argh AND she keeps on telling my sister how LOADS of guys are into her now and that her ex's bestfriend is 'mad' at her for 'flirting' with these guys. number one, i think he's just pissed off that she's been following him around, and number two, no there isn't any guy that is into her at all! she's ****ing delusional. there's this one guy in the lower year who she fancies and she thinks he fancies her too. but i can tell from his body language he doesn't really. she seems to think the world revolves around her now and that everyone has to oblige her (like tonight we all went out and she wanted to sit with my sister. it was cool but she had to make the person who sat next to my sister moved seats with her. like WTF). i'm just annoyed how she used her break up as an excuse for everything she does! it's like it's over now and it's been so long i don't think anyone cares anymore (if ever!)

girl two: well she's basically the most annoying girl in the whole world. the way she laughs, WOW you guys won't even believe me. it's one of those you gotta be there to believe it. it was an obvious cry for attention, like HAHAHA OMG LOOK AT ME IM SO CUTE. it's anything but cute tbh. she's the most obvious person as well. she made sure everyone knew she was over this guy she went out with, but then tonight when we all left the dinner to do some shisha she opted to stay in the restautrant to be with her ex whom she's 'over' already. like yeah, we believed you. and she's such a sycopanth. like she loooooooooves sucking up to the popular kids when they obviously can't stand her lame jokes (They are seriously lame and she keeps on using them over and over again. for eg an incident happened and you got a nickname for it, and she would use that nickname over and over again when obv it was getting old and she would use it everywhere, to make thos who didn't know about it feel left out). like i was invited to this party and she wasn't, she took it to heart but she doesn't even talk to this group of friends of mine! and she was talking how if they invited her she wouldn't go because theyve never invited her to any of their parties for years (i'm new) and she made me feel so bad for going, then the next day she wanted the full detail of the party. what a hypocrite. and at the beginning of the year, she keeps on talkin about this guy and how they were close and **** then yesterday this guy just told me that she's SO annoying. and it got me thinking how many people actually thought of this. she always wants to know about stuff even when it's clearly none of her business. like when people are having a conversation she would just butt in and sit down as if she even had a clue what we're talking about. my god. so tonight i couldn't take it. i was just being blatantly mean to her, like pretending to laugh at her jokes (in a sarcastic way) and i said to my friends 'ugh i wish she would shut up' pretty loud. she heard me cause she looked at me and said 'you shut up' jokingly to which my friends and i laughed at because i was actually being serious. then i felt SOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. i didn't want to be mean to her but she was asking for it. she just had to be so loud and so lame. i couldn't take it anymore.

girl 3: well she's naive and smart but a bit clingy to my sister. i think it was mainly cause she's never had friends before and wanted to cling on to what she has, too much i feel. like tonight we were gonna go elsewhere after dinner, she tagged along. we had two separate cars and the car my sis and i were in was already full! yet she came at us like full force and opened the car door! it was like a ****ing hurricane or something! we were like 'its full!! get into the other car!!' it was hilarious but also a bit ****e on her part because she has to include herself all the time. i don't know, she fears being left out or something. i mean CHILL OUT. i like her for the most part but her clingyness and her naiveness gets to me. like we were talking about smoking and she really didn't have to be in the convo as she doesn't smoke, then we were arguing which brand was the best and she was like 'what is that what is that' she mustve asked us like 400 times because we couldnt be bothered answering her. who would've thought at the age of 17 somebody wouldn't know what marlboro mediums were. and it's like, okay obv nobody is responding, leave it at that. don't go pestering about it and disrupting the conversation. it's seriously annoying. and she's sooooo sensitive. like i was invited to this party next week and she wasn't, so she was like 'i didn't get invited' for the whole day. and i was thinking 'shut up already! loads of people didn't get invited, it's only one party and no matter how many times you say it i can't do anything about it and you're still not invited!' and the worst part is now whenever she sees the girl who is throwing the party, she would say hi to her!! she doesn't even talk to her on a daily basis! so embarrassed for her.

basically this was just a rant and i sound like a ***** or a mean girl but i'm really not! honest! i'm not the only one who feels this way, the whole group does! and i don't want to hang out with them anymore and want them out of my life, but i feel bad after i make some snarky comment or let them know i was annoyed. i can't talk to them about it because theyre super sensitive and i don't want to be the mean one. but i can't hang around with them anymore because they bring out this evil side of me which i hate and do not wish for anyone to see HELP.

Wooow, I couldnt be bothered to read the whole thing but after reading upto person 1 could it be your slightly jeolous of your sister?

ReputationRep:
    heh sorry it is a bit of a rant but i can't bottle it anymore! why the anonymous though?

hm partly maybe. i do get especially annoyed when i'm with my sister talking about stuff we don't want anyone to know, she would just be there and we'd have to talk about something else when we really want to talk a different thing. but i don't think that's entirely it though, i just hate the fact that she's soooooooooo clingy, nt just to my sister, but to my friends as well (her ex). it's like she can't keep it in moderation and wants to be with that person 24/7. but you're probably right, whenever she comes around i have to leave my sis cause i really can't stand her. the things she talked about, my god, it's like everything is about her.

i just want her to leave me and my sister alone without me being a ***** (although some might think it's a bit late for that :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Guy friends ftw

Maybe ignore them, don't acknowledge them etc and I've found people tend to do the same. I totally distanced myself from my ex's friends that I hung around with after we split up and before long they were doing the same

ReputationRep:
    The whole post makes you seem kind of insecure.

ReputationRep:
    hmm does it? it actually made me sound irritable and a *****. hah but don't really see how it made me insecure...

ReputationRep:
    how does being annoyed at people make you insecure?

ReputationRep:
    All the stuff at getting annoyed at people talking to her sister/friends/guy friends/the popular kids. It seems like the OP is scared of these girls taking her place.

ReputationRep:
    ^lol thank you for your input but i can assure you that is not the case. it doesn't explain why everyone feels this way!

ReputationRep:
    It kind of seems like you don't like people who try and hang out with your sister...

ReputationRep:
    true but we have loads of friends who are normal and not annoying and i like them all. i appreciate you guys trying to find the reason why these people annoy me so much but in true actual fact, i'm just not keen of their personalities. but what i want to know is how am i going to deal with this situation i'm in? i don't want to 'talk' to them because it would make me look bad and i really don't want hostility in the group, but then i really dont think i can spend another second with either of these three girls...

ReputationRep:
    Have you asked your sister how she feels? She might like these girls and not see it as a problem. If so it might be a good idea if you spend time with your own friends and leave your sister to get on with it. If she is annoyed as well you could perhaps come up with a plan to deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    Friend 1: it sounds like she is more your sisters friend, let her deal with it. If you have problems with her asking you where she is, tell her that you are not her keeper and tell her to stop asking you

Friend 2: just tell her nicely that sometimes she can be a bit over-bearing. she probably doesn't even realise that she may be annoying. her telling you to shut up jokingly suggests she doesn't. Plus wouldn't you feel awful if you found out all your friends were talking about you behind your back?

Friend 3: I'm too lazy to read anymore

ReputationRep:
    So you're annoyed by your sisters friends? Isn't that just a fact of life

ReputationRep:
    impressive essay. get some guy mates. they're cooler, less complicated, and easier to get on with

ReputationRep:
    flump: oh man, she definitely agrees with me. just like tonight before we went out we made a list of the people we want to avoid and these three in it lol. yeah she tells me all the time bout how she needs to get away from particualrly girl number one. everytime she goes for a hug, my sister would mouth me 'Save me!' lol it's actually quite hilarious to see her squirm like that hahha. we have come up with some plans to avoid her but she is too good! she manages to find me and my sister all the time and when she doesn't, she annoys everyone by asking where my sister is... the funniest bit is whenever she sees my sis standing she would like push herself against her body and gave her a hug. kind of a force almost lol. it's well funny.
    also she's expressed some sexual feelings towards my sister. apparently she's a bisexual now, just because this one guy broke her heart... um right whatever.

ReputationRep:
    ermm well either you're a bit of a *****, or they're annoying as hell, so change or find new friends.

ReputationRep:
    PS- "who would've thought at the age of 17 somebody wouldn't know what marlboro mediums were." <----not everyone wants to die of lung cancer you know

ReputationRep:
    "Phase them out" (as used on Friends, haha) I've recently become really annoyed with one of my friends, to the point where I really don't like to be around her, it's hard because she's in our 'circle' if you like, but I've just not really talked to her as much, if you don't make the effort with them then you'll just drift apart and it doesn't have to be awkward, I mean I'll say hey and ask how were weekend was or whatever, but I won't talk to her unnecessarily, I call this 'phasing her out' haha, my reason is just because I don't feel comfortable talking to her and she makes me feel like ****.

As a few people have said, get some guy friends, some of the guy friends I have are the best friends I've ever had, I think I get on better with guys for the very reason of your post, girls are annoying, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar_and_spice)
    Friend 1: it sounds like she is more your sisters friend, let her deal with it. If you have problems with her asking you where she is, tell her that you are not her keeper and tell her to stop asking you
    yeah you're right, but my sister is also annoyed with her (though a bit more sympathetic than i am hehe) and i do get annoyed when she butts in our convo and stuff. i would have to leave and spend less time with my sister i'm sure you'd feel upset if you can't spend more time with your bestfriend.

Friend 2: just tell her nicely that sometimes she can be a bit over-bearing. she probably doesn't even realise that she may be annoying. her telling you to shut up jokingly suggests she doesn't. Plus wouldn't you feel awful if you found out all your friends were talking about you behind your back?
    yeah she has no clue that she's being extremely annoying. i think one friend did that, like told her politely and had a civil discussion with her. this happened like years ago before i came. she took this personally and she still hold grudges towards this girl. i mean theyre friends and what not but she doesn't talk to her unless she had to. that's the thing with her, she takes it too personally. and i guess that comes from being an only child maybe? but yeah, i don't think i want to have anything to do with her tbh. she just fills me with rage if i'm being honest. and the worst thing is, i just don't like because of who she is, and she can't help it god i feel like a jerk.

Friend 3: I'm too lazy to read anymore

understandable :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2008
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.