The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 1
I don't think you get to choose... you put down ensuite catered and take pot luck
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
I spoke to someone over the phone at the accom. office - she asked for first and second preference... lets just hope i get my first pref.
Reply 3
They do take into consideration your preference but can end up somewhere you didn't apply for. The rooms in Becket Court are generally nicer and more expensive but you can tend to be isolated socially whereas Keynes always has parties and an active social life!
Lozz_viii
They do take into consideration your preference but can end up somewhere you didn't apply for.

That's kind of worrying.. I really need to be placed in Parkwood, its the best I can afford, and I'll end up homeless if they kick me out during the breaks, as they do with some of the accomodation! :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Yeah it does happen, I applied for rutherford and eliot but was given keynes. If you are in one of those colleges then you will be kicked out during holidays but you can pay extra rent for them to place you in a parkwood house until start of term again.
My friend did it over xmas. Rutherford and Eliot are the cheapest accommodation but if they place you somewhere you don't want you can appeal it and appeals are usually successful...

Latest

Trending

Trending