Turn on thread page Beta

Are flares coming back? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed more shops are selling flares and i've just got a pair but are the really coming back?

ReputationRep:
    from the amount i've seen in the shops i'd say yes there coming back in, and skinnys are going out

ReputationRep:
    Thank god skinnys are out as they look ridiculous. I have always loved flares anyway

ReputationRep:
    I think flares are quite unflattering tbh. But the fact that people seem to think it's becoming an 'in' thing means that after say 1 or 2 years, people will start loathing it as another 'trend' and will go back to other forms of jeans/trousers with a more natural shape. It looks a bit like duckfeet, except on legs.

Edit: altough I believe that they are quite unflattering, it can look good on someone with thin legs and body structure. But I've only ever seen it look good once. And I'll admit, flares are slightly better than bootcut...

ReputationRep:
    I've never stopped wearing flares - in fact, I don't wear anything except flares.

Thank god they're back, won't have to go 80 miles up north to find them lol.

ReputationRep:
    Flares look ridiculous. I'm sorry but they do. They make anybody who is wearing them look like they have tree stump for a leg. Do yourself a favour, and anybody who desires to wear something similar, wear bootcut. =)

ReputationRep:
    God...I should hope not. Flares...are...just...blurgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I've never stopped wearing flares - in fact, I don't wear anything except flares.

Thank god they're back, won't have to go 80 miles up north to find them lol.
    :ditto:
    it's flares or skirts (because i can't find flares) for me.
    in the last year i've found one pair of nice flares and i'm lucky they were on offer or i'd never have been able to afford them.

they seemed to be coming back because i saw a few pairs in highstreet shops but they were all really high waisted which sucks for a really short chubby person.

i think they look better than skinnies on most people but i that the really wide ones do look ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'd never wear the 'baggy' version (you know, the ones you get in camden) but all my flares are skinny fit.

And, for pear shaped women flares are a godsend. They balance out your shoulders, hips and legs. They shouldn't be shunned!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glassheart)
    Flares look ridiculous. I'm sorry but they do. They make anybody who is wearing them look like they have tree stump for a leg. Do yourself a favour, and anybody who desires to wear something similar, wear bootcut. =)
    Not once, did you say 'in my opinion' - you talk about it as if you're got a God given right to tell people how to dress. Jeez. You're entitled to your opinions, but your tone offends.

ReputationRep:
    I've got some lovely flares, but I know what you mean about them being unflattering. I call them my pjama pants, because they serve no other use than to be extremely comfortable. I love my straight legged jeans so much anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glassheart)
    Flares suit me really well. I am guessing they didnt do the same for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    I've got some lovely flares, but I know what you mean about them being unflattering. I call them my pjama pants, because they serve no other use than to be extremely comfortable. I love my straight legged jeans so much anyway!
    Aargh I hate straight legs, for me its flares, bell bottoms or nothing

ReputationRep:
    I hope not, I hate them, but shops seem to be selling all kinds of jeans at the moment so I'm not too fussed.

ReputationRep:
    they're also a godsend for those of us who don't have little dainty feet, it's nice to hide them!

In saying that, this ridiculous skinny jeans/converses/ballet pumps look has made me feel less weird cause it made everyone look like they had huge feet

ReputationRep:
    Flares make girls look so frumpy.

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to add, I am in love with my straight leg jeans (just for clarification NOT skinnies) and have size 8/9 feet, and I don't look as though I've got massive feet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    Just wanted to add, I am in love with my straight leg jeans (just for clarification NOT skinnies) and have size 8/9 feet, and I don't look as though I've got massive feet!
    well exactly...cause they're not skinnies....

ReputationRep:
    supposedly.
    most people will accept whatever topshop feeds them, so i guess they'll be in for summer at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rokit)
    Flares suit me really well. I am guessing they didnt do the same for you
    But how you see yourself is of course altered to how the rest of yourself does. I'm not being rude, but unless you ridiculously tall and have a tiny frame (Ala Kate Moss and the likes) - they are not flattering.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.