The Student Room Group

AQA GEOGRAPHY ANSWERS & DISCUSSION paper 2 5th june

hey how did anyone find the exam? i found it ok except the nine mark question on transport improvements. can we put down answers below.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by malkimoo
hey how did anyone find the exam? i found it ok except the nine mark question on transport improvements. can we put down answers below.

Same with you , I didn’t like the 9 marker on transport , I added on lots of crap but it wasn’t a good question. Overall the paper was decent , I found paper 1 a lot more fun and easier to do
Reply 2
6 mark question on nee traffic i wrote about rio steep hills and high crime so many use cars. 9 mark urban change environmental issues i wrote about manchester waste, urban sprawl to greenfield sites, commuting so pollution. 6 mark question on TNCs i did nigeria shell oil provide employment so income so tax so more to invest in industrial development. 9 mark question on transport i wrote about the HS2, Liverpool2 and heathrow runway so less commuting time, southern wage to north etc. food question i wrote about permaculutre so less food miles and about hydroponics.. what did anyone else do
6 mark question on nee traffic i wrote about rio steep hills and high crime so many use cars. 9 mark urban change environmental issues i wrote about manchester waste, urban sprawl to greenfield sites, commuting so pollution. 6 mark question on TNCs i did nigeria shell oil provide employment so income so tax so more to invest in industrial development. 9 mark question on transport i wrote about the HS2, Liverpool2 and heathrow runway so less commuting time, southern wage to north etc. food question i wrote about permaculutre so less food miles and about hydroponics.. what did anyone else do

My answers are similar to yours , what grade are you expecting?
Reply 4
Original post by Sunshine713
My answers are similar to yours , what grade are you expecting?

im predicted 9 tho realistically will prob get 8 nut it aall depends on grade boundaries if everyone found hard will be low boundaries so will hopefully get 9.. how did u find it
im predicted 9 tho realistically will prob get 8 nut it aall depends on grade boundaries if everyone found hard will be low boundaries so will hopefully get 9.. how did u find it

When I first saw it I was a little confused based on the first 6 marker but as I went along I found it decent. The 9 markers were okay but one of the 2 markers got me confused , the one where you had to look at those bicycles and find impacts , bc it seemed obvious which exam boards don’t usually do ?¿ .
Reply 6
What was the answer to the transport one, I talked about Oyster cards and Cross Rail in London

Also if I don’t use place specific facts in case studies what is the max mark I can get out of 9
Reply 7
Original post by Sunshine713
When I first saw it I was a little confused based on the first 6 marker but as I went along I found it decent. The 9 markers were okay but one of the 2 markers got me confused , the one where you had to look at those bicycles and find impacts , bc it seemed obvious which exam boards don’t usually do ?¿ .

yh i also found that too simple.. and the four marker on tourism was puzzling too since it gave you all the answers in a diagram so was wondering if perhaps there was more to it? i wrote about tourism in jamaica
Reply 8
Original post by tggill32
What was the answer to the transport one, I talked about Oyster cards and Cross Rail in London

Also if I don’t use place specific facts in case studies what is the max mark I can get out of 9

if you did correct links to the question and correct reasoning just no specific facts you could hopefully get 7/9 im thinking.. the transport one i said HS2 reduces commuting time so can bring southern wages to manchester, hence more income, hence more tax, hence more to spend on improving economy by education etc
Reply 9
yh i also found that too simple.. and the four marker on tourism was puzzling too since it gave you all the answers in a diagram so was wondering if perhaps there was more to it? i wrote about tourism in jamaica

I wrote hospitals too small=long waiting lists=health conditions worsten

And only way to get to hospital is transport, due to long distances, which is inaccessible to most due to price
Reply 10
I wrote hospitals too small=long waiting lists=health conditions worsten

And only way to get to hospital is transport, due to long distances, which is inaccessible to most due to price

yh i did similar.. long time takes to travel to hospital the critically ill person can die on the way

About sustainable farming I talked about organic farming (no fertilisers etc)

And urban green initiatives
Reply 12
for question 4 about food how were you meant to describe the distribution of those 15-24.5% since i couldnt find any pattern in the distribution on the map??
for question 4 about food how were you meant to describe the distribution of those 15-24.5% since i couldnt find any pattern in the distribution on the map??

I said mainly South
Randomly dotted in North...

Probably wrong like...

I said they were spread throughout with most being towards the South and only one in the North.

i just said countries with 15-24.5% of the population undernourished are generally located in the South of Asia near the coast except Mongolia which is the anomaly
Reply 16
I said mainly South
Randomly dotted in North...

Probably wrong like...

I was gonna write that but then didnt because south included mainly indonesia and those places which werent in that category
Reply 17
so overall most people found easy or hard??

I wrote similar things for the 9 mark transport question! For the NEE traffic was it about traffic congestion and air pollution? I did Nigeria and talked about oil (same for TNC one) which links to pollution but for traffic I was unsure so I wrote how they must not have sufficient public transport. I’m not sure that’s right but I had to write something
so overall most people found easy or hard??

Questions weren’t that hard for me, but trying to finish everything in time really was. I missed out a few low mark questions

Quick Reply

Latest