AQA GEOGRAPHY ANSWERS & DISCUSSION paper 2 5th june

Watch
malkimoo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hey how did anyone find the exam? i found it ok except the nine mark question on transport improvements. can we put down answers below.
Sunshine713
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by malkimoo)
hey how did anyone find the exam? i found it ok except the nine mark question on transport improvements. can we put down answers below.
Same with you , I didn’t like the 9 marker on transport , I added on lots of crap but it wasn’t a good question. Overall the paper was decent , I found paper 1 a lot more fun and easier to do
malkimoo
Rep:
?
6 mark question on nee traffic i wrote about rio steep hills and high crime so many use cars. 9 mark urban change environmental issues i wrote about manchester waste, urban sprawl to greenfield sites, commuting so pollution. 6 mark question on TNCs i did nigeria shell oil provide employment so income so tax so more to invest in industrial development. 9 mark question on transport i wrote about the HS2, Liverpool2 and heathrow runway so less commuting time, southern wage to north etc. food question i wrote about permaculutre so less food miles and about hydroponics.. what did anyone else do
Sunshine713
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
6 mark question on nee traffic i wrote about rio steep hills and high crime so many use cars. 9 mark urban change environmental issues i wrote about manchester waste, urban sprawl to greenfield sites, commuting so pollution. 6 mark question on TNCs i did nigeria shell oil provide employment so income so tax so more to invest in industrial development. 9 mark question on transport i wrote about the HS2, Liverpool2 and heathrow runway so less commuting time, southern wage to north etc. food question i wrote about permaculutre so less food miles and about hydroponics.. what did anyone else do
My answers are similar to yours , what grade are you expecting?
malkimoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sunshine713)
My answers are similar to yours , what grade are you expecting?
im predicted 9 tho realistically will prob get 8 nut it aall depends on grade boundaries if everyone found hard will be low boundaries so will hopefully get 9.. how did u find it
Sunshine713
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
im predicted 9 tho realistically will prob get 8 nut it aall depends on grade boundaries if everyone found hard will be low boundaries so will hopefully get 9.. how did u find it
When I first saw it I was a little confused based on the first 6 marker but as I went along I found it decent. The 9 markers were okay but one of the 2 markers got me confused , the one where you had to look at those bicycles and find impacts , bc it seemed obvious which exam boards don’t usually do ?¿ .
tggill32
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What was the answer to the transport one, I talked about Oyster cards and Cross Rail in London

Also if I don’t use place specific facts in case studies what is the max mark I can get out of 9
malkimoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sunshine713)
When I first saw it I was a little confused based on the first 6 marker but as I went along I found it decent. The 9 markers were okay but one of the 2 markers got me confused , the one where you had to look at those bicycles and find impacts , bc it seemed obvious which exam boards don’t usually do ?¿ .
yh i also found that too simple.. and the four marker on tourism was puzzling too since it gave you all the answers in a diagram so was wondering if perhaps there was more to it? i wrote about tourism in jamaica
malkimoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by tggill32)
What was the answer to the transport one, I talked about Oyster cards and Cross Rail in London

Also if I don’t use place specific facts in case studies what is the max mark I can get out of 9
if you did correct links to the question and correct reasoning just no specific facts you could hopefully get 7/9 im thinking.. the transport one i said HS2 reduces commuting time so can bring southern wages to manchester, hence more income, hence more tax, hence more to spend on improving economy by education etc
tggill32
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yh i also found that too simple.. and the four marker on tourism was puzzling too since it gave you all the answers in a diagram so was wondering if perhaps there was more to it? i wrote about tourism in jamaica
I wrote hospitals too small=long waiting lists=health conditions worsten

And only way to get to hospital is transport, due to long distances, which is inaccessible to most due to price
malkimoo
Rep:
?
I wrote hospitals too small=long waiting lists=health conditions worsten

And only way to get to hospital is transport, due to long distances, which is inaccessible to most due to price
yh i did similar.. long time takes to travel to hospital the critically ill person can die on the way
tggill32
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
About sustainable farming I talked about organic farming (no fertilisers etc)

And urban green initiatives
malkimoo
Rep:
?
for question 4 about food how were you meant to describe the distribution of those 15-24.5% since i couldnt find any pattern in the distribution on the map??
tggill32
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
for question 4 about food how were you meant to describe the distribution of those 15-24.5% since i couldnt find any pattern in the distribution on the map??
I said mainly South
Randomly dotted in North...

Probably wrong like...
username2899906
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I said they were spread throughout with most being towards the South and only one in the North.
joshxieee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i just said countries with 15-24.5% of the population undernourished are generally located in the South of Asia near the coast except Mongolia which is the anomaly
malkimoo
Rep:
?
I said mainly South
Randomly dotted in North...

Probably wrong like...
I was gonna write that but then didnt because south included mainly indonesia and those places which werent in that category
malkimoo
Rep:
?
so overall most people found easy or hard??
Waterlemons
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wrote similar things for the 9 mark transport question! For the NEE traffic was it about traffic congestion and air pollution? I did Nigeria and talked about oil (same for TNC one) which links to pollution but for traffic I was unsure so I wrote how they must not have sufficient public transport. I’m not sure that’s right but I had to write something
Waterlemons
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
so overall most people found easy or hard??
Questions weren’t that hard for me, but trying to finish everything in time really was. I missed out a few low mark questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (50)
22.42%
No (173)
77.58%

Watched Threads