Sophtheelf
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
A Level: I’m panicking!! I didn’t finish my last question for OCR philosophy and now I think my A/A* is gone. I think the other two questions were okay with Hume successfully using observation to not believe in God. I disagreed and said he is guilty of argumentum ad lapdiem through quote where he gave no explanation. I put he uses methodical naturalism with his atheism and hardly looks st observation due to rational a priori bias to atheism and logic of the context. I said that he is successful because he said paley who sold 80000 copies and 57 editions of natural theology was true in teleology being ‘unreasonable’ because entropy now exists and this refutes teleology and a posteriori emphasis. That rationality and science later confirmed Hume. There was a question on boethius and free will of humans and I said his emphasis on god not having a beginning and end makes him worthy of praise and can be linked to omnipotence with being a judge and this having free will and put ex extra. I used Sarah coakley professor at cambridge, Murray Edwards as critic and brummer and Vardy and book of revelation and Abraham’s reference to ‘eternal father’ and I think more but I can’t remember. And then religious language I screwed up on bad! Not finishing about the cataphatic way being the best approach to religion and I talked about Adamic language having been cataphatic and helps us get back to our roots. And then that Wittgenstein is guilty of misusing not and is guilty of the fallacy of equivocation but couldn’t explain and ran out of time saying the cataphatic way was guilty of anthropomorphism of god. Ugh I’m panicking. I just needed to get that off my chest 😭😭😪😪😪 How did everyone find it???
qazwsxedcv18
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is only 13 of us in the country doing this paper if you're referring to the A2 Legacy paper?
Sophtheelf
Rep:
?
(Original post by qazwsxedcv18)
There is only 13 of us in the country doing this paper if you're referring to the A2 Legacy paper?
The new specification for OCR religious studies A Level- The philosophy of religion paper unit 1?
qazwsxedcv18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
old spec, thats odd they used Boethius in both
Sophtheelf
Rep:
?
(Original post by qazwsxedcv18)
old spec, thats odd they used Boethius in both
Ah I see. How come you do the old spec and I guess so. I really want an A* as I will be studying theology at Durham. I’m just so nervous now! How was your exam?
qazwsxedcv18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am retaking. The new spec seems so much more difficult, i feel for you, there is so much more content. Honestly last year i didn't open a book and my grades weren't awful, i passed all my exams, so i would just keep your head up and stay positive. The markers are very generous and look to give you marks where they can, really don't worry about it, just work hard for your next two
Clarky1707
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
With regards to what youve put about Hume are you sure all of that applies. The question was does he successfully argue observation does not prove God not whether Hume uses observation to not believe in God.
Sophtheelf
Rep:
?
(Original post by Clarky1707)
With regards to what youve put about Hume are you sure all of that applies. The question was does he successfully argue observation does not prove God not whether Hume uses observation to not believe in God.
But it’s still a form of his own weakness in his failing in philosophical argument because of his lack of fully addressing obervasion properly and his perspective being read as mechinisation naturalism. This being an out weighing weakness compared to a priori approach and saying natural theology is false as entropy in thermodynamics disproves order and God. I thought think philosophy is subjective.
leah2000xoxo21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I found it okay but there wasn’t anything from the AS section, wasn’t a brilliant paper I think I messed up 😞
Clarky1707
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sophtheelf)
But it’s still a form of his own weakness in his failing in philosophical argument because of his lack of fully addressing obervasion properly and his perspective being read as mechinisation naturalism. This being an out weighing weakness compared to a priori approach and saying natural theology is false as entropy in thermodynamics disproves order and God. I thought think philosophy is subjective.
**** knows half the **** youve spoke about i havent even learnt so
Rambley1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did for the teleological question: Paley, Aquinas, Hume, Darwin/Dawkins. Religious Language: pseudo-dyonesis, Aquinas. Religious Language: William James, Otto and Mamiodes. I didn't anwer the Boethius question as i blanked on that!
Rambley1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
nope sorry i did mamoides in religious language and Freud for religious experience!
Sophtheelf
Rep:
?
**** knows half the **** youve spoke about i havent even learnt so
Do you mean that in a bad way? It’s because I go beyond class and teach myself. I will hopefully be studying theology at Durham
Clarky1707
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hahaha nah you clearly know loads of extra stuff im just saying i cant really say exactly whether its relevant but im sure you know anyway
Sophtheelf
Rep:
?
Hahaha nah you clearly know loads of extra stuff im just saying i cant really say exactly whether its relevant but im sure you know anyway
Thanks! I hope so.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?