Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I saw this really nice belt in new look which has been reduced to £4 and it's perfect but even on the smallest hole, the belt is still a bit too big. i was actually really surprised because im not particularly thin and size 8s come up fairly small there but anyhow, is there any way you can punch a hole into the belt to make it smaller?

ReputationRep:
    Cobblers do them They do them properly too so the hole won't look messy or anything. Otherwise you could just pierce it with the belt buckle yourself.

ReputationRep:
    i've done this before, usually using various tools from my penknife!

you need something to make some kind of bigger indentation first, then something smaller and sharper to cut through the belt. Do it carefully though, as you could end up hurting yourself, or your beautiful belt!

ReputationRep:
    Scrap it, and make a new one out of lizards.

ReputationRep:
    You can get special tools that punch new holes

ReputationRep:
    your dad will probs have something u can use in his collection of tools
    your parents have probably at some point had to make a new hole in a belt, ask them x

ReputationRep:
    this sounds really stupid but would a hole-puncher work? i dont think it's proper leather since it's so cheap and it's fairly thin-ish material

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thats_my_poison)
    this sounds really stupid but would a hole-puncher work? i dont think it's proper leather since it's so cheap and it's fairly thin-ish material
    the hole would be to big?

ReputationRep:
    Eat loads of loads of chocolate (it IS easter) and miraculously, the last hole on the belt won't be too big! Pure Magic

ReputationRep:
    corkscrew?

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the corkscrew idea or a bradle

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, no. If it was really strong and the leather thin then maybe...

ReputationRep:
    I use a screwdriver. Takes ages but is reasonably neat.

ReputationRep:
    A haberdashery shop will sell a special tool to make holes in belts etc. We've got they're really good, but I cant remember the name of them!!

ReputationRep:
    I bought a new belt at a festival last year, and it was too big once I got it back to my tent and tried it on to show it off..

I borrowed a mate's corkscrew to try and make the hole.. and ended up breaking it :p:

In the end I used a tent peg. So tent pegs work.

ReputationRep:
    ive done this to all my belts having lost about a stone and not being able to afford new ones.. hmmm..

i take a stanley knife blade to it and just poke it through. Im not sure why i own stanley knife blades, but theyre good for that!

ReputationRep:
    cordless drill and the right sized bit (make sure to do it on a bit of scrap wood for when it goes through). makes a nice neat hole for cheap.

ReputationRep:
    hmm, it all sounds like so much effort. maybe i just wont buy it.

on another note, it's one of those chunky belts but it's thicker than the loopholes on my jeans so how are you supposed to wear it? do u just wear it over the loopholes so it's more of a fashion accessory than something to keep ur jeans on

ReputationRep:
    Are you talking about a cinch belt? in which case around the waist.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    hmm, it all sounds like so much effort. maybe i just wont buy it.
    What? Just get a small screwdriver and stab the ****er.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.