mca7881
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Okay so I have a prediction on what the ethics (11/06/18) exam and the Christian thought (18/06/18) exam.

Obviously make sure you know something from everything this is just what you might want to focus more on.

I've made these predictions from knowledge of last years papers (AS + A2) and last weeks AS paper - since OCR are unlikely to put the same topic in the same year.

Ethics
- Sexual ethics (it has never been asked since the new spec)
- Kantian (same reasoning as sexual)
- Natural law (it came up in AS 2017 BUT situation ethics was asked this year AS and this is the only other religious ethical theory)
- Business ethics (came up A2 last year BUT euthanasia been asked every time since new spec so highly unlikely, and business is only other applied ethical theory)

Christian thought

Please note my feelings with this one aren't as strong because its such a huge topic its hard to pin-point exactly

- The 4 topics which have never been asked: Pluralism and SOCIETY, gender and SOCIETY, Marx theology, christian moral principles.

OCR have been known to repeat questions but with ethics some of them overlapped so it was easier to see what the predictions were going to be - I don't know if they will exactly these are just my predictions!
nellkeenan1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
slim chance of meta-ethics then? Thinking of leaving it out...
43ketchup
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Kantian Ethics was in last years AS paper.
I think it will be
Meta-Ethics
Sexual Ethics
Conscience
Applied Ethics (either business or euthanasia) OR perhaps a comparison of two ethical theories (probably utilitarianism and Kant)
tink9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone know what was on this yrs AS?
Imzy010
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is very late but does anyone remember what came up in OCR A level 2018 paper1? Or 2 or 3?

like the actual topics or questions/ topic areas?
Kfish1072
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mca7881)
Okay so I have a prediction on what the ethics (11/06/18) exam and the Christian thought (18/06/18) exam.

Obviously make sure you know something from everything this is just what you might want to focus more on.

I've made these predictions from knowledge of last years papers (AS + A2) and last weeks AS paper - since OCR are unlikely to put the same topic in the same year.

Ethics
- Natural law (it came up in AS 2017 BUT situation ethics was asked this year AS and this is the only other religious ethical theory)
- Business ethics (came up A2 last year BUT euthanasia been asked every time since new spec so highly unlikely, and business is only other applied ethical theory)

Christian thought

Please note my feelings with this one aren't as strong because its such a huge topic its hard to pin-point exactly

- The 4 topics which have never been asked: Pluralism and SOCIETY, gender and SOCIETY, Marx theology, christian moral principles.

OCR have been known to repeat questions but with ethics some of them overlapped so it was easier to see what the predictions were going to be - I don't know if they will exactly these are just my predictions!
What actually ended up on these exams?
ChloeWillis
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Imzy010)
This is very late but does anyone remember what came up in OCR A level 2018 paper1? Or 2 or 3?

like the actual topics or questions/ topic areas?
https://mrlivermore.pushmepress.com/...phy-exam-2018/
LUVKNOWLEDGE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Ethics

Christian thought

Hiya! Do you know what came up in 2018 as philosophy paper and ethics? Thanks!
Kfish1072
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LUVKNOWLEDGE)
https://mrlivermore.pushmepress.com/...phy-exam-2018/ Follow this link for philosophy scroll right to the bottom, will post a link to ethics and Christianity in a second
Kfish1072
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LUVKNOWLEDGE)
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...0#post81356702 This link is for the ethics paper, just scroll up a little
Imzy010
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kfish1072)
https://mrlivermore.pushmepress.com/...phy-exam-2018/ Follow this link for philosophy scroll right to the bottom, will post a link to ethics and Christianity in a second
i think they were trying to find the AS level 2018 paper not A level, as i am also trying to find..
Queenmi
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Death and afterlife didn’t come up either
Queenmi
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

Ethics

Christian thought

Death and after life has never been a topic either
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills ā€“ LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (125)
27.47%
1 (69)
15.16%
2 (70)
15.38%
3 (73)
16.04%
4 (35)
7.69%
5 (30)
6.59%