robin2812
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Well, I am having a bit of an issue with choosing courses and is that I don't know if I should choose an undergraduate course with IMBS accredited or not,
the one that gives me accredited, offered me a conditional offer whilst the other uni gave an unconditional offer. If I go to a non-accredited uni what are the benefits and further studies that I could do in a future? The thing is I am not exactly sure in what are the differences between these 2 universities on giving me accredited or non-accredited degree in biomedical sciences. For instance: What other courses could I do with a credited or non-accredited degree in a postgraduate?
If someone could explain me a bit about these 2 options, it would be amazing, since I mentioned before I am not too sure about it.
RegisteredBMS
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
IBMS is only required if you want to be a state registered Biomedical Scientist.
robin2812
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by RegisteredBMS)
IBMS is only required if you want to be a state registered Biomedical Scientist.
but If I end in a non-accredited uni, I don't end the course as a biomedical scientist then?
Will I do the missing modules or rest of the course in another uni?
RegisteredBMS
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by robin2812)
but If I end in a non-accredited uni, I don't end the course as a biomedical scientist then?
Will I do the missing modules or rest of the course in another uni?
You won't be a Biomedical Scientist if you complete an IBMS-accredited Biomedical Science degree anyway as you'll still need to do your HCPC registration. If being a Biomedical Scientist is what you want to do then you need to do BSc Healthcare Science (Life Science)

That said, if you do a non-IBMS accredited course then you will be even further away from being a Biomedical Scientist. You will have to apply to the IBMS to get them to assess your course content and they will either deem it satisfactory (rare, usually the ones that meet the criteria are IBMS accredited already), they'll suggest top up modules that you'll have to do and fund yourself or, if less than 50% of your course meets their criteria, they'll advise that you need a new degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.73%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.65%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.2%
It might lead to more bullying (132)
38.6%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.82%

Watched Threads