The Student Room Group

Science Work Experience????

Hi, just wanted to ask whether anyone knows of any good work experience for someone who is interested in doing Physics/Chemistry/Biology subjects at university. I redid my first year of A levels so I'm not sure how that affects placements. I have already done work experience at a care home but the more the better right? I live in South West Wales also but can travel to pretty much anywhere if need be. Thanks in advanced!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Have you looked into a Nuffield research placement? I applied for it this year and was offered a placement at York University in physics which I’m really looking forward to! If you just search nuffield foundation you should find their website. Also, you may be able to find a placement at a local lab if you send out some emails, I managed to find 2 labs close to me working with polymers, and I would’ve had no idea they existed before. Good luck finding something!
Original post by Amyvwoo
Have you looked into a Nuffield research placement? I applied for it this year and was offered a placement at York University in physics which I’m really looking forward to! If you just search nuffield foundation you should find their website. Also, you may be able to find a placement at a local lab if you send out some emails, I managed to find 2 labs close to me working with polymers, and I would’ve had no idea they existed before. Good luck finding something!

Hi! Yes I have looked into it but I was too late applying sadly, thanks for your comment though!
Get in contact with researchers at universities, I contacted a researcher at the Biology department at Warwick and managed to get a week in phage therapy research to help my biology application, it may take a while to find a place though so email a lot of people if you can !
Reply 4
Depends what you want to go into at uni for where to do more relevant work experience. You could try hospitals near by, theyll normally take quite a few people. Or if youre more into industry, you can contact big companies in whichever field you prefer ect...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending