The Student Room Group

OCR Maths S1 - June 6th (legacy spec)

Anyone taking this exam tomorrow? How are you feeling?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by plex-
Anyone taking this exam tomorrow? How are you feeling?

I did how do you think it went?any answers you can remember?
Reply 2
Amazing paper but didn't finish one question :frown: grade boundaries will be sky high

I remember I got 36 for the last q and that's it the if I we the numbers I'll remember tho
Original post by tislam1
Amazing paper but didn't finish one question :frown: grade boundaries will be sky high

I remember I got 36 for the last q and that's it the if I we the numbers I'll remember tho

I got 36 too! Which question did u not do?
Original post by tislam1

Tbh I found the question about the dice hard but got something like 0.231?

Was the one about faulty bulbs a binomial?
Reply 5
Original post by abirami_kumar
I got 36 too! Which question did u not do?

The last part of the geometric question because I ran out of time, how did you find the paper
Reply 6
Tbh I found the question about the dice hard but got something like 0.231?

Was the one about faulty bulbs a binomial?

I left mine in fraction form for the dice, is that bad?
Reply 7
What did everyone get for the last part of the binomial Q, I got 0.977 but I feel I typed a number wrong on the calculator
Original post by tislam1
What did everyone get for the last part of the binomial Q, I got 0.977 but I feel I typed a number wrong on the calculator

I’m pretty sure I got 0.998 so it’s close enough haha
Original post by tislam1
The last part of the geometric question because I ran out of time, how did you find the paper

Thought it was good but feel I’ve messes up with numbers on the probability questions..What did u get for the perms and combs questions?
Thought it was good but feel I’ve messes up with numbers on the probability questions..What did u get for the perms and combs questions?

i) 18
ii) 1/35
iii) 1/7
iv) 36

Part two and three might be the opposite way around
Reply 11

For the first one I did 4C2 X 3C2 I think. Then for the second I did 4!X3! All over 7! And then for the third q I don't remember and for the last part I got 36 wbu
Original post by Cgregory72
i) 18
ii) 1/35
iii) 1/7
iv) 36

Part two and three might be the opposite way around

I got 1/35..think I got 1/5 instead of 1/7 I don’t know..what was the 18 for?
I got 1/35..think I got 1/5 instead of 1/7 I don’t know..what was the 18 for?

18 was for the first part choosing combinations
(edited 5 years ago)
1/35 oh no I did 4!×5!/7! 😅 and got like 4/7
Original post by Sadek542
1/35 oh no I did 4!×5!/7! 😅 and got like 4/7

Is everyone that did it re sitting it from last year or doing it as a further Maths module?
Is everyone that did it re sitting it from last year or doing it as a further Maths module?

Most are resitters but my teacher said some people are doing the old spec out of choice. (Because of the amount of past papers they can do).
Original post by Sadek542
Most are resitters but my teacher said some people are doing the old spec out of choice. (Because of the amount of past papers they can do).

What do you think grade boundaries will be?
Original post by tislam1

I got that too!!!!
Did anyone else get a negative spearmans rank? Like -0.88.. or something?
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest