The Student Room Group

Plagiarism Q5 AQA Eng Lang Paper 1

I stated that the old man had a ‘rugged countenance’ in my description which is the literal EXACT WORDS used to describe Utterson in J+H. I didn’t even realise until 5 minutes ago that I used the exact wording of pretty much the first line of the novel. Would I be marked down for copying/plagiarism?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Umaurma
I stated that the old man had a ‘rugged countenance’ in my description which is the literal EXACT WORDS used to describe Utterson in J+H. I didn’t even realise until 5 minutes ago that I used the exact wording of pretty much the first line of the novel. Would I be marked down for copying/plagiarism?

nah g don't stress
Reply 2
Unlikely that the person marking your exam would be able to notice that, given the hundreds of essays that he/she is marking and if you didn't realise until just now I would seriously doubt a marker would.
Nope, they won't kill you because of two words. :biggrin:
I used "fire and blood and anguish" from an inspector calls and I thought I did something really clever but this got me thinking 😫😫
Original post by Umaurma

I doubt it coz its only two words not a whole sentence and the examiner probs wont realise either
Reply 6
Original post by sabrina26
I used "fire and blood and anguish" from an inspector calls and I thought I did something really clever but this got me thinking 😫😫

All those quotes are haunting us 😫
I made two forums? It appears like it’s the same one to me O:
Original post by psim
Unlikely that the person marking your exam would be able to notice that, given the hundreds of essays that he/she is marking and if you didn't realise until just now I would seriously doubt a marker would.
I hope so- still it was pretty stupid to use such an iconic phrase D:<
Reply 10
Original post by Umaurma
I made two forums? It appears like it’s the same one to me O:

I am going to leave that for you to figure out:biggrin:
Original post by Umaurma
I hope so- still it was pretty stupid to use such an iconic phrase D:<

can't lie I use that a lot where i just finesse a quote from the power and conflict cluster for my descriptions or narratives. I think they'll prob be pleased that u remembered a quote and implemented it into ur work.
Reply 12

You troll lmfaooo
Original post by King Dunkan
can't lie I use that a lot where i just finesse a quote from the power and conflict cluster for my descriptions or narratives. I think they'll prob be pleased that u remembered a quote and implemented it into ur work.

Oh wow I’m impressed you can still remember your poetry quotes! I did love and relationships instead but all of those quotes were diffusing out of my brain as I was waiting to enter the exam hall. I hope that’s the case if they recognise it then. Good luck!
I accidentally used a (storm on the island) poetry quote:lol:
Reply 15
Yes. Unfortunately you are 100% going to get a U now and will not be able to attend the Uni of your choice.
Original post by Volta
Yes. Unfortunately you are 100% going to get a U now and will not be able to attend the Uni of your choice.
Very funny but U doesn’t exist- this is a 9-1 system exam :wink:
Original post by Umaurma
Very funny but U doesn’t exist- this is a 9-1 system exam :wink:

hate to break it to you - it still does
Original post by Conniestitution
hate to break it to you - it still does

I’ll prepare myself mentally for the U then lol
If you used a phrase they won't do anything 😂😂😂. As long as you haven't pretty much copied all the ideas. I used a quote from a poem when talking about my narrative for unexpected events.

Quick Reply

Latest