Anonnnnn43
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can anyone tell me what they put in the 30 marker for points and criticism please?
tashaparekhx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonnnnn43)
Can anyone tell me what they put in the 30 marker for points and criticism please?
i answered with internal and external factors that may affect achievement within social classes.
internal being the A03
Anonnnnn43
Rep:
?
Did you say like maternal and cultural deprivation then like labelling theory etc?
(Original post by tashaparekhx)
i answered with internal and external factors that may affect achievement within social classes.
internal being the A03
mh126406
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For internal factors I talked about bernsteins elaborated and restriced code and bordeuis cultural capital and evaluated that and then for internal I talked about Howard Becker and basically labelling theory and then talked about the a-c economony and educational triage
urmum69
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I structured it by theories ... e.g.
- New Right: state schools fail working class kids because comprehensive 'one size fits all' doesn't work.
- Functionalism: inequality is natural because it's meritocratic
- Marxism: cultural capital + myth of meritocracy

Anyone else do it this way?
tashaparekhx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
a01 - external factors - housing, diet, financial problems, Bernstein’s speech codes A03 - internal - labelling (SFP) , subcultures, pupils identity, streaming/sets - gave examplesConclusion- how we should consider other things such as their gender and ethnicity
G1na
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tashaparekhx)
a01 - external factors - housing, diet, financial problems, Bernstein’s speech codes A03 - internal - labelling (SFP) , subcultures, pupils identity, streaming/sets - gave examplesConclusion- how we should consider other things such as their gender and ethnicity
Why is ao1 external and ao3 internal?
I didn’t know this was a thing.

On the AQA be sure it’s says
AO3: Analyse and evaluate sociological theories, concepts, evidence and research methods in order to:
• present arguments
• make judgements
• draw conclusions.

Also does that mean we had to put internal factors last. And how many should we have done.
Sorry for all the questions.
Anonnnnn43
Rep:
?
You need 4 for argument and 3 against
Anonnnnn43
Rep:
?
(Original post by urmum69)
I structured it by theories ... e.g.
- New Right: state schools fail working class kids because comprehensive 'one size fits all' doesn't work.
- Functionalism: inequality is natural because it's meritocratic
- Marxism: cultural capital + myth of meritocracy

Anyone else do it this way?
I never spoke about functionalist or Marxist I just spoke out the internal and external factors
Anonnnnn43
Rep:
?
Also can anyone tell me what they wrote for the 20 marker cos I’m so worried I think I genuinely have 0 marks
username3698304
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I put the external factors (cultural deprivation, cultural capital, material deprivation) and internal (labelling, subcultures and setting/streaming), I can't even remember what I put for the 20 marker tbf
tashaparekhx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
[QUOTE=G1na;78106660]Why is ao1 external and ao3 internal? - the question was asking for explanations as the social class differences in educational achievement - i was taught to split the paragraphs into A01.2&3 - from this the questions ask for the different reasons and so automatically i just know to talk about internal and external factor and internal factors - it’s how I was taught.
For A03 - yeah I did evluate and I evulated wth sociologists etc - idk why you would talk about research methods for education- it was an education questions ?? In the a03 I anayled as to why internal scores may also effect is so that’s the argument & I made a conclusion at the ends

Internal factors yes at the end. Me and my whole class did this exact structure but you may have been taught something else.
For a 30 marker you neeeded to do 4 paragraphs so I literally just did 4 external and internal factors — that’s fine Id rather you ask so you know x
tashaparekhx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonnnnn43)
Also can anyone tell me what they wrote for the 20 marker cos I’m so worried I think I genuinely have 0 marks
I analysed strengths and limitations of participant observations using the PERVERT wheel (idk if you got taught it like that) i then link it to pupil exclusion and then did that 3 times -
I’m pretty sure this was wrong thought. What did you do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (175)
46.17%
Take exams next summer (56)
14.78%
Change uni choice through clearing (89)
23.48%
Apply to uni next year instead (41)
10.82%
I'm not applying to university (18)
4.75%

Watched Threads