My exam paper was wrong Watch

tomer_brown
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I sat my economics micro A Level paper today which i was already stressed about.

My paper was in the wrong order.
Missing Section C the 25 marker (The largest mark question).
My paper had also got repeated questions.

Due to my paper being in the wrong order i did not see a table of companies selling PCs, and read the question asking about the fall in sales of personal computers as a fall of Public Companies. Not only that i also spent time changing that to Private Companies. Everyone else had the table to do with the question in-front. The question was only 2 marks but every mark matters when boundaries are so tight.

Time was taken during my exam to give me Section C of the paper, then again to give me a whole new correct paper which I was told to use. The 2 other people in my exam hall who also had faulty papers were in-front of me and behind so I had to listen to the examiner explain this 3 times including myself which was very distracting. All the fuss and extra explaining of what to and not to fill in disrupted my thought process and threw my timings.

I managed to finish the exam but far from the best of my ability missing large amounts of evaluations. Those also who had faulty papers missed out whole large mark questions

No extra time was rewarded for the upset.

Any advice?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tomer_brown)
So I sat my economics micro A Level paper today which i was already stressed about.

My paper was in the wrong order.
Missing Section C the 25 marker (The largest mark question).
My paper had also got repeated questions.

Due to my paper being in the wrong order i did not see a table of companies selling PCs, and read the question asking about the fall in sales of personal computers as a fall of Public Companies. Not only that i also spent time changing that to Private Companies. Everyone else had the table to do with the question in-front. The question was only 2 marks but every mark matters when boundaries are so tight.

Time was taken during my exam to give me Section C of the paper, then again to give me a whole new correct paper which I was told to use. The 2 other people in my exam hall who also had faulty papers were in-front of me and behind so I had to listen to the examiner explain this 3 times including myself which was very distracting. All the fuss and extra explaining of what to and not to fill in disrupted my thought process and threw my timings.

I managed to finish the exam but far from the best of my ability missing large amounts of evaluations. Those also who had faulty papers missed out whole large mark questions

No extra time was rewarded for the upset.

Any advice?
Did you miss the large marked question? Tbh your exam practice and past paper experience should have told you what to expect.

You can try talking to the exam officer and the three of you making a complaint. You can state you want to apply for special consider due to the paper being confusing and the general distraction, but I think it is quite a weak case. If you had kept your nerve then it wouldnt have spooked you quite as much. Nothing to lose by asking/ complaining though.

SC would be in the 1-2% region imo. It might be refused.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.61%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.64%
No I am happy with my course choice (522)
59.32%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.43%

Watched Threads