The Student Room Group

Feel like a failure

I am currently giving my A Levels and three papers in, I am feeling like a failure. I was predicted 2A*s and an A and on the back of that, got conditional offers from UCL and LSE for Maths.

However, my papers haven’t gone well despite my revising hard. I feel I will not get those offers and am feeling depressed.

Has anyone gone through the clearing scheme and gone to good unis for their subjects? How has your career shaped after going through clearing?

I am really depressed and am wondering what my future is.
Original post by skateboardwhiz
I am currently giving my A Levels and three papers in, I am feeling like a failure. I was predicted 2A*s and an A and on the back of that, got conditional offers from UCL and LSE for Maths.

However, my papers haven’t gone well despite my revising hard. I feel I will not get those offers and am feeling depressed.

Has anyone gone through the clearing scheme and gone to good unis for their subjects? How has your career shaped after going through clearing?

I am really depressed and am wondering what my future is.

Lots of people get in through clearing and it makes no difference to their careers as getting into uni is getting into uni full stop. Focus on what exams you have rest and wait for your results.
It sounds like you're pretty smart and had prepared. It may just be a year for difficult exam papers that everyone struggles with, in which case you might still achieve the grades you were predicted.

If not, DO NOT WORRY.

Take the approach to finding a uni place that you did to studying. Research and compare what is out there. There are always other routes and you will not be out in the cold. This is coming from someone who worked in admissions in one of the UK's leading Universities. Admissions officers aren't inhuman or ignorant to the fact that everyone can have an off day (even if its on an exam day). You just need to get in touch with them and see what the options are.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest