Biology Degree Personal Satement Watch

UserenameNot
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Im thinking of doing biology for Uni, and im currently in Y12. I know that you have to write Personal Statements, but there is nothing that i have done to show interest in biology. Im doing EPQ but that it .. any advice on what i could do?

thanks
heidigirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Are there any books you've read? If not, you could read some (like popular science books, you don't have to go reading anything heavy and academic)? Or subscribe/regularly read a science magazine such as New Scientist. Any sort of demonstration of interest or awareness of current issues in biology would be good.

You could also look at seeing if you were able to do any biology-related work experience (although opportunities for that at your level would be limited) or whether there were any sort of programme or activities you could get involved in encouraging/working with getting younger kids interested in science?

There's not a lot you CAN do for a lot of areas of science, and universities know that, so showing a keen interest with your reading is probably the most achievable.
UserenameNot
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by heidigirl)
Are there any books you've read? If not, you could read some (like popular science books, you don't have to go reading anything heavy and academic)? Or subscribe/regularly read a science magazine such as New Scientist. Any sort of demonstration of interest or awareness of current issues in biology would be good.

You could also look at seeing if you were able to do any biology-related work experience (although opportunities for that at your level would be limited) or whether there were any sort of programme or activities you could get involved in encouraging/working with getting younger kids interested in science?

There's not a lot you CAN do for a lot of areas of science, and universities know that, so showing a keen interest with your reading is probably the most achievable.
oh ok thanks! yeah i have actually entered myself for the Olympiad - i think it might be for all sciences though..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (159)
18.64%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (83)
9.73%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (142)
16.65%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (122)
14.3%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (82)
9.61%
How can I be the best version of myself? (265)
31.07%

Watched Threads