Report 9 months ago
What kind of revision you done for it?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Sheric
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Finally, something I can relate to. Anyways for my sixth form, for poems we do Carol ann Duffy, so I have this urge that either cliche kid, the biographer, or mean time might come up. But that's just my opinion, and for Paris Anthology, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that its not the letter by Helen or Paris Riot or foreign correspondent, but i studied appliable theories such as culture shock, double journey, and paris syndrome. But for lovely bones, just been reading on context like fantastical elements, gothic literature, critical reception, historical background.
For Paris: you need to compare both texts in your introduction, introducing your theme, include some GAPMNP, also talk about the register and outlook (positive or negative). Then the main body, you need 4-5 paragraphs of analysis with terminologies, compare and contrast, GAPMNP, buzzwords (theories), and conclusion, sum up your points, and include any missed GAPMNP.
For Lovely Bones: introduce your theme, and link it to other parts of the novel, include context if relevant. Mai body, 3-4 paragraphs, include narrative terms such as homodiegetic narrator, omniscient narrator, unreliable narrator, context of Sebold's background, context about the novel, link to other parts of the novel obviously. Include critical reception as it shows you are familiar with the text. Conclusion, sum up theme and missing context.
For CAD: introduce both texts and theme, include poetic voice. Main body, 3 paragraphs, compare and contrast, include context if relevant, terminologies in-depth analysis. Conclusion, sum up theme, focusing on theme with similarities and differences found.
Untitled99
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
How did you guys found paper 2? Paper 2 was shambles? & what points did u write in ur recast: commentary?
Sheric
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Untitled99)
How did you guys found paper 2? Paper 2 was shambles? & what points did u write in ur recast: commentary?
Paper 2 was so beautiful. Like I loved it, better than paper 1. I do great gatsby and streetcar in my sixth form. So I had to recast in a waiter’s POV. I talked impression the waiter got from Wolfsheim being very talkative, Nick Carraway being uninterested, but paid attention to be respectful and how Gatsby was restless, like he wanted to be somewhere else. The base text was where Gatsby introduced Nick to Wolfsheim. And my commentary, I talked about class representation, compared it with the text, and so on.
And streetcar I did the feeling of bitterness, focusing mainly on Blanche
Untitled99
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Sheric)
Paper 2 was so beautiful. Like I loved it, better than paper 1. I do great gatsby and streetcar in my sixth form. So I had to recast in a waiter’s POV. I talked impression the waiter got from Wolfsheim being very talkative, Nick Carraway being uninterested, but paid attention to be respectful and how Gatsby was restless, like he wanted to be somewhere else. The base text was where Gatsby introduced Nick to Wolfsheim. And my commentary, I talked about class representation, compared it with the text, and so on.
And streetcar I did the feeling of bitterness, focusing mainly on Blanche
That sounds so good, tbh I preferred paper 1 (we did Paris anthology, handmaids and carol ann Duffy) for p1. I thought paper 2 was ok (I did gatsby and othello).

Basically for my recast I used lots of metaphorical reference to wolfsheim and gatsby’s wealth and in relation to the significance of rich colour like “yellow/god” as a symbolic reference to wealth and money and made links wolfsheim being regarded as dangerous by wearing a “human teeth necklace” - that’s why nick questions if he was a dentist in the original base text - and how Fitzgerald may have been influenced to portray wolfsheim similar to 1960’s gangster and mafias like Al CALPONE. I also talked about the weird awkward atmosphere, and how Wolfsheim was regarded selfish, unloyal and uneasy in the bar due to his many enemies ....

I wasted 10 mins finding the bloody page on gatsby, so I feel like the quality of my work was really affected in paper 2 compared to paper 1 - regardless I hope I get atleast over 35 on gatsby 😫
Sheric
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Untitled99)
That sounds so good, tbh I preferred paper 1 (we did Paris anthology, handmaids and carol ann Duffy) for p1. I thought paper 2 was ok (I did gatsby and othello).

Basically for my recast I used lots of metaphorical reference to wolfsheim and gatsby’s wealth and in relation to the significance of rich colour like “yellow/god” as a symbolic reference to wealth and money and made links wolfsheim being regarded as dangerous by wearing a “human teeth necklace” - that’s why nick questions if he was a dentist in the original base text - and how Fitzgerald may have been influenced to portray wolfsheim similar to 1960’s gangster and mafias like Al CALPONE. I also talked about the weird awkward atmosphere, and how Wolfsheim was regarded selfish, unloyal and uneasy in the bar due to his many enemies ....

I wasted 10 mins finding the bloody page on gatsby, so I feel like the quality of my work was really affected in paper 2 compared to paper 1 - regardless I hope I get atleast over 35 on gatsby 😫
Yours is so good as well. I wish I thought of metaphorical references. And about the finding the pages, I swear that was annoying af, but I spent around 5 minutes looking for it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (152)
18.77%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.75%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (138)
17.04%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (115)
14.2%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.75%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed