Has anyone been on ncs before?

Watch this thread
Poppydowse
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
If you have been on NCS, are your groups based on the area you live in?

And if so,did you know the people in your group because they were from your area?
brontide001
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Groups are generally based off the area that you live in. I come from an area and most of the people were form within the county were I came from. There will be the odd one or two who don't come from your area and that might be because the area they wanted to NCS in was full up, so they had to go to NCS in another area.

I knew none of the people in on my NCS but there is a way to get your friend to be on the same wave (group) as you.

Hope this helps!
Anonymous180
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
on Ncs
(Original post by Poppydowse)
If you have been on NCS, are your groups based on the area you live in?

And if so,did you know the people in your group because they were from your area?
I went
Y2_UniMaths
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I’m going
What date are you?
tasitron
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
My wave was from the same borough my school was so it is not necessarily based on where you live. However, there were some people who lived and studied in a different borough. But it was still close. Also I knew two people in my wave as they went to my school but I never really knew them that well. I wouldn’t really worry about meeting new people as you get really close with everyone in your group in fact I still talk to quiet a few people from my wave.
YellowYellow2
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
The groups are based on where you live but not by schools (unless you put in a request to be with a specific person). I was the ONLY person from my county and every other person already knew at least someone but I still managed to have a great time and it really helped. Don't worry if you are in a different wave, by the end of the first week you become such good friends because you spend so much time together that it is hard not to make friends. You also get to mix with other groups during your hike and we played capture the flag in ours (highly recommended as you get to bond so well as a team)
fikayomipeters
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I went last year, with people from my area. There was one girl I knew from school and it turns out a lot of the other people I met were also mutual friends of mine. I don't live in a particularly large area which is why I might have just been lucky.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (65)
67.01%
No (25)
25.77%
I didn't use it to prepare (7)
7.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise