Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, already been accepted onto a media course at a college that I really really like, but its at least a 1 hour commute each way every day and 10 minutes walk to class from train station at rush hour through city centre (but a easy walk with just 2 at most crossings.

Accepted for a course I find ok, at local college which whilst under 10 years old I really dislike good thing though is door to door can be there in under 20 minutes assuming no traffic (and less if I drove)

Also have been given a conditional for another college in city, good campus, in some ways more awkward than the 1st place as though its closer its more akward i.e at least 10/15 minute walk through a city centre with heavy traffic.

Also thinking of university part time, but that is harder to get into.

My only other idea is go to place 1, I get like £30-£40 a week travel expenses and I use that to get a flatshare locally which can be done for £200 a month and use my bus pass to come home (which is 2 hours by bus each way) the days im not in class as the bills will balance out, so basically like £10 out of my pocket to stop the annoyance of public transport as well as give me access to student nightlife.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a case of personal preference to be honest. Which one would you regret not doing if you chose another? It's easy to say 'yes I can put up with the long commute' but in practice, how would you really get on with it? I commute 45-50 minutes each way and it's not really an issue for me, but it's an 'easy' commute - short walk, three trains per hour, which are never full etc. To take your first choice of course, it may be worth the inconvenience of travel time or costs etc if it is only for a year, but if two or three years it may be more of an issue?

ReputationRep:
    I have been suffering mental health and anxiety for a few years so even getting out of bed is a nightmare, even going a short journey on a bus drains me.

The commute is actually simple, like 5/6 trains a hour for both trains

If I lived closer to the college with course I wanted it wouldn't be a problem, no contest really.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, well that's quite an important factor which you didn't mention in the original post. Unless you wanted to explore an alternative such as the Open University which can also be done full-time, I still feel that the above question is only a decision that you can make, based on the travel or living arrangements that you describe. Best of luck!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.