The Student Room Group

How bad is un-enthusiastic texting?

Known a girl for like a few weeks now. Things in person are normal!
But her texts are dead as a door-nail. Sometimes she'll short reply me, but like a line or two, sometimes 3.

Just seems like she doesn't want to talk, but then last time I stopped she wanted me to talk to her. Any reason why an interest girl would do this?

Scroll to see replies

k.
I'm shite at texting.

But face to face i'm alright.

Everyone's different just because she is crap at texting doesn't mean she isn't into you.
Reply 3
It's annoying AF. Like blunt chalk grating on blackboard.

Just talk to her in person, or call her.
Reply 4
Any ideas how to liven her spark up? She’s away for two weeks, maybe going distant? Less texts?
Reply 5
Is it normal for texts to draw off but yet you know deep down they are interested? Like in person they are warm. Texts fairly cold with the occasional draw.

Original post by Table123
I'm shite at texting.

But face to face i'm alright.

Everyone's different just because she is crap at texting doesn't mean she isn't into you.
don’t force convos
maybe call her or if you can ft
also she could be genuinely busy
Stop texting first for a while. If she strarts texting first multiple times, you're good.
Some people arent great texters but great in real life. Some people dont have to to put alot of emotion into their texts, I went through same thing. Sometimes it feels like you've done something wrong or they are not interested in talking to you but really they're just crap texters/ better face to face. Also, I think texting is over analysed (NOT saying you do it, Im just saying in general). It's just texting, if more emotion is wanted/need can try calling too
Original post by SpongebobSwag
Stop texting first for a while. If she strarts texting first multiple times, you're good.

looool i just do not understand how a girl has it in her to text someone after they stop texting, so many guys end up doing this and I never message them if they've ignored me so they just end up texting eventually :tongue:
Original post by AlkynesOfTruble
looool i just do not understand how a girl has it in her to text someone after they stop texting, so many guys end up doing this and I never message them if they've ignored me so they just end up texting eventually :tongue:

I don't mean not texting at all. I mean not always being the first one to text, not always being the one to initiate the conversation. Or did you get that?
I don't mean not texting at all. I mean not always being the first one to text, not always being the one to initiate the conversation. Or did you get that?

Ohhhh yeah I get you, nah I never do that cause it just comes off as a bit desperate tbh with you, plus if they're not interested in me enough to initiate convo from time to time then I'm better off w/out them :tongue:
Ohhhh yeah I get you, nah I never do that cause it just comes off as a bit desperate tbh with you, plus if they're not interested in me enough to initiate convo from time to time then I'm better off w/out them :tongue:

Really?
If a guy texts you first 100 times and than is silent for a while, you don't text him first? Not even if you like him?
It's not the same as ignoring. Ignoring is when he doesn't reply to your texts. He has shown that he is interested. And if you never initiate the conversation it makes him think you're uninterested.
I'd be like: 'This girl has no interest, i'll stop bothering her'

I don't know who is right here, you or me. But one of us has missed out on a lot of love stories because of this lol. There should be international guidelines for this kind of stuff.
(edited 5 years ago)
Really?
If a guy texts you first 100 times and than is silent for a while, you don't text him first? Not even if you like him?
It's not the same as ignoring. Ignoring is when he doesn't reply to your texts. He has shown that he is interested. And if you never initiate the conversation it makes him think you're uninterested.
I'd be like: 'This girl has no interest, i'll stop bothering her'

I don't know who is right here, you or me. But one of us has missed out on a lot of love stories because of this lol. There should be international guidelines for this kind of stuff.

Nooooo, I think I didn't make what I meant clear or you mis-understood. Basically, if me and a guy are texting and everything is swell but he suddenly stops replying, I will not text him and be like 'yo wassup where have you gone'...A lot of guys I've come across just expect a girl to do that but I defo don't because why should I text you if you haven't replied to my previous text...a lot of guys do end up texting a week or 2 later after they've not replied and I think it's good that way, it shows them you're absolutely fine without them which keeps stuff going rather than if you were desperate to hear back etc

Also if a guy initiates a convo a lot of the time I'll return the courtesy and do the same bc like you said, I don't wanan give off the wrong impression i.e. that I'm not interested
Looool yeah there should be international guidelines, some people just have weird rules with text game...
Some people just aren’t really into texting. The fact she replies to you and wants you to talk to her is a good sign; if she wasn’t interested, she wouldn’t reply.
Nooooo, I think I didn't make what I meant clear or you mis-understood. Basically, if me and a guy are texting and everything is swell but he suddenly stops replying, I will not text him and be like 'yo wassup where have you gone'...A lot of guys I've come across just expect a girl to do that but I defo don't because why should I text you if you haven't replied to my previous text...a lot of guys do end up texting a week or 2 later after they've not replied and I think it's good that way, it shows them you're absolutely fine without them which keeps stuff going rather than if you were desperate to hear back etc

Looool yeah there should be international guidelines, some people just have weird rules with text game...

Ooh okay okay i see. You're right about not texting him if he suddenly stopped replying.
She actually got annoyed and confused when I stopped texting her. I pointed out her blunt ass texts. Like they are not one word or two word or three word, but they are just unenthusiastic and testing. But then I've seen her twice since she started doing this, and we've kissed and hugged.

Like she'll ignore a question very annoyingly. So I presume she's playing the game, so I've started responding to her texts slowly and reciprocating the text length. I wonder if that'll get her thinking more about me. It worked two weeks ago, she text me again after I hadn't responded.

She hasn't told me or shown that she's not interested. Just by her texts it's very annoying.

Original post by Abcdefghijk123
Some people just aren’t really into texting. The fact she replies to you and wants you to talk to her is a good sign; if she wasn’t interested, she wouldn’t reply.
Reply 17
ask her if you guys can just do a video call or something so it's like you're talking face to face? texting my bf doesn't rly work until late night, we're both busy through the day so we mostly just send each other stickers or w/e unless we've got something specific to say.
Have you tried actually talking to her, instead of just playing childish games?
I would definitely stop talking to her. Match my energy or bug off

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending