ANYONE good at maths - literally a two second answer!

Watch
username3708654
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Please help!

I don't know what the topic is called, but know I don't understand. Not asking for help (but would be happy to recieve if anyone can x).

Just want to know the name of a topic. You know in a paper when they give you a graph, and then ask you about another line and where it crosses. Then you find like the 'difference' between the lines and plot that line? Anyone know what it's called?

Not entirely sure that's even what it is, but know I need to work on it. Any hope is so appreciated!
Gnargora
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
are you asking about the y-intercept?http://weteachscience.org/mentoring/...ng-slope-and-y
lmaololoaml
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
um all i can think of is the intersections between two lines, but if thats not it keep explaining it to me
MAXW303
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jsjsjsjs333)
Please help!

I don't know what the topic is called, but know I don't understand. Not asking for help (but would be happy to recieve if anyone can x).

Just want to know the name of a topic. You know in a paper when they give you a graph, and then ask you about another line and where it crosses. Then you find like the 'difference' between the lines and plot that line? Anyone know what it's called?

Not entirely sure that's even what it is, but know I need to work on it. Any hope is so appreciated!
Equations of lines, intersections and intercepts.
xylas
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Please help!

More info needed. Where did you come across this topic? A level? was it applied or pure maths?
username3708654
Rep:
?
(Original post by MAXW303)
Equations of lines, intersections and intercepts.
(Original post by xylas)
More info needed. Where did you come across this topic? A level? was it applied or pure maths?
(Original post by lanamoroney)
um all i can think of is the intersections between two lines, but if thats not it keep explaining it to me
Came up in an edexcel gcse paper last year, it's question 20 on here https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/papers/2hjune2017.pdf

Thank you so much for the replies and not just ignoring, I really want to try understand this x
xylas
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Came up in an edexcel gcse paper last year, it's question 20 on here https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/papers/2hjune2017.pdf

Thank you so much for the replies and not just ignoring, I really want to try understand this x
Ah perfect. The topic is called linear algebra. You understand the method for solving that question right? It is analogous to a lot of algebraic problems. I'm happy to help you with this and similar problems if you like.
bvfh
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ill hook you up with a video which explains this, give me a min
bvfh
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ks2K1FuB80
username3708654
Rep:
?
(Original post by xylas)
Ah perfect. The topic is called linear algebra. You understand the method for solving that question right? It is analogous to a lot of algebraic problems. I'm happy to help you with this and similar problems if you like.
Thanks so much! I'm going to go through it tomorrow morning, and will ask you for help if needed. Honestly thank you xx
username3708654
Rep:
?
This is so kind, thanks so much! all of you are so helpful, thank you thank you thank you! xx
xylas
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks so much! I'm going to go through it tomorrow morning, and will ask you for help if needed. Honestly thank you xx
No worries, always glad to help someone if I can!
bvfh
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is so kind, thanks so much! all of you are so helpful, thank you thank you thank you! xx
no problem!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.18%
I'm not sure (26)
4.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.74%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.13%
I'm not a current university student (267)
47.34%

Watched Threads