The Student Room Group

All seem fake on dating apps

I have been using dating apps and while I know that tinder is mostly used for hook ups I have also used Match.com and POF which are somewhat often considered to be the apps people turn to when they want to find something more meaningful . But I met a guy on match.com and we went on a number of dates and he told me he wanted to be in an exclusive relationship with me and so on. So after our 8th or so date I ended up at his place and I made it clear that I am not a 100% sure I'm gonna sleep with him today since we were supposed to meet again in the next couple of days. So when we reached his place, he wanted we didn't have full on sex but we pretty much did everything else then the next day when I reached home, he turned into a completely different person. He didn't message me like he used to etc.. so after a few days I told him what's wrong and he said nothing we're cool. But then I also stopped to be the first one to message and every time he saw my snap so try he used to be like oh so you went out with your friends, did you meet any nice guy so far . This is was a bit weird but a few days ago he asked me if I was willing to have bdsm type of sex with him, even though he had just uploaded pictures of him and a new girl on his insta profile few hours ago before he messaged me. I know I sound stupid, but I can't help but think that maybe all he wanted since the beginning is the sex and not an exclusive relationship but he was just trying to sound nice because he knows that I'm not so interested in those casual things. What's your opinion guys? Am I right to think like that or is something really wrong with me like I waited too long to have sex with him so he was pissed off
Original post by Anonymous
I have been using dating apps and while I know that tinder is mostly used for hook ups I have also used Match.com and POF which are somewhat often considered to be the apps people turn to when they want to find something more meaningful . But I met a guy on match.com and we went on a number of dates and he told me he wanted to be in an exclusive relationship with me and so on. So after our 8th or so date I ended up at his place and I made it clear that I am not a 100% sure I'm gonna sleep with him today since we were supposed to meet again in the next couple of days. So when we reached his place, he wanted we didn't have full on sex but we pretty much did everything else then the next day when I reached home, he turned into a completely different person. He didn't message me like he used to etc.. so after a few days I told him what's wrong and he said nothing we're cool. But then I also stopped to be the first one to message and every time he saw my snap so try he used to be like oh so you went out with your friends, did you meet any nice guy so far . This is was a bit weird but a few days ago he asked me if I was willing to have bdsm type of sex with him, even though he had just uploaded pictures of him and a new girl on his insta profile few hours ago before he messaged me. I know I sound stupid, but I can't help but think that maybe all he wanted since the beginning is the sex and not an exclusive relationship but he was just trying to sound nice because he knows that I'm not so interested in those casual things. What's your opinion guys? Am I right to think like that or is something really wrong with me like I waited too long to have sex with him so he was pissed off

Sounds like he was in it for the sex. Best to forget him and move on.
Reply 2
Of course he wants sex, don't you know anything about men? He told you what you wanted to hear. He went along with your wishes but secretly resented it. You've given him the impression that you're not interested, so he lost interest and has probably got other girls on the side who won't give him the same BS you have. Not all guys are patient, and after 8 dates he's probably fed up and started looking elsewhere.
Reply 3
Original post by asif007
Of course he wants sex, don't you know anything about men? He told you what you wanted to hear. He went along with your wishes but secretly resented it. You've given him the impression that you're not interested, so he lost interest and has probably got other girls on the side who won't give him the same BS you have. Not all guys are patient, and after 8 dates he's probably fed up and started looking elsewhere.

I know sex is an important part of a relationship and I didn't refuse sex indefinitely but the thing is if he has lost interest why did he suddenly messaged me about being his submissive sexual partner. That's the odd part.
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
Sounds like he was in it for the sex. Best to forget him and move on.

I did move on since the last date and stopped messaging him but the thing is I am so confused like why would he now want to know if I'm with someone and always messaging me once he sees my snapchat stories and also asked me if I could be his submissive. i thought he lost all interest in me, both sexual and gf-wise
Reply 5
I did move on since the last date and stopped messaging him but the thing is I am so confused like why would he now want to know if I'm with someone and always messaging me once he sees my snapchat stories and also asked me if I could be his submissive. i thought he lost all interest in me, both sexual and gf-wise

Probably because he messed up with other dates and resorted to Plan B.

Protip: Don't be someone's Plan B.
Reply 6
I know sex is an important part of a relationship and I didn't refuse sex indefinitely but the thing is if he has lost interest why did he suddenly messaged me about being his submissive sexual partner. That's the odd part.

Because he's just dropping hints again that he wants you to have sex with him. Men don't close the door completely on a potential lay. He's just trying to get you to change your mind. It's not difficult to understand.

Why do you still have him on Snapchat?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending