The Student Room Group

Black scratch white car help?

It’s about 5 inches long and it’s black.

I’m assuming maybe a kids bike handlebars are the cause?

Will T cut work?

Scroll to see replies

just get the car scratch paint thing from asda
Original post by cherrybomb115
just get the car scratch paint thing from asda

Is that better than T cut?
Original post by Sadieleigh95
Is that better than T cut?

i dont kno what a T cut is...

I’m not sure either but I have a bottle of it in my boot that I used on my wing mirror when a red car clipped it and left red paint on my car.
then use that - at least u kno it works
then use that - at least u kno it works

But because the scratch is black doesntthat mean it’s gone through to the metal?
But because the scratch is black doesntthat mean it’s gone through to the metal?

i have no idea...im only 14

Is it paint transfer or can you actually feel that the paint has a groove inwards?
It’s about 5 inches long and it’s black.

I opened this thread before I left for work last night and came home wondered what I'd opened :colonhash:

Have you got a picture so we have a better idea of what to suggest? Also I don't feel bike handlebars would like a scratch like that, they'd probably smudge in, unless you mean the metal part of the bars has scraped it, in which case for it to have gone black it'd have to of gone deep enough to draw it down to bare metal lol.
Original post by nevershear
I opened this thread before I left for work last night and came home wondered what I'd opened :colonhash:

Have you got a picture so we have a better idea of what to suggest? Also I don't feel bike handlebars would like a scratch like that, they'd probably smudge in, unless you mean the metal part of the bars has scraped it, in which case for it to have gone black it'd have to of gone deep enough to draw it down to bare metal lol.

LOL... thought you opened a different website ahahahahhah?
Reply 11

Probably not in a position to comment, then...
Original post by IWMTom
Probably not in a position to comment, then...

hahaha tru
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Is it paint transfer or can you actually feel that the paint has a groove inwards?

I can feel with my finger that there is an inwards groove. I thought it had been keyed at first but I’m confused because it’s black? Wouldn’t it be like a silver colour if it had been keyed?
Original post by nevershear

This is the closest picture I could find on google. It’s a lot more ‘clean’ than the one on the picture. Meaning it looks like a perfect key scratch rather than a messy scrape. Hope that makes sense! It’s defo an inward groove and it’s about 5 inches long, very similar shape to the picture AC380B6C-D8E7-48DA-89B3-D10519CF2A54.jpg.jpeg
Reply 15
the title sounds like an early Pinknk Floyd album
I can feel with my finger that there is an inwards groove. I thought it had been keyed at first but I’m confused because it’s black? Wouldn’t it be like a silver colour if it had been keyed?

By the sounds of things it sounds like a deep cut if you’re telling us it’s an inwards groove.

It depends how hard someone keys the car, the “silver” colour is the penetration of the clear coat, which makes it look silver/white when the light bounces off it.

Also, can you not give us a better picture than the one you’ve supplied above? Like actually take a picture of the car rather than google one. (And preferably a couple of pictures on different angles of the scratch)
By the sounds of things it sounds like a deep cut if you’re telling us it’s an inwards groove.

It depends how hard someone keys the car, the “silver” colour is the penetration of the clear coat, which makes it look silver/white when the light bounces off it.

Also, can you not give us a better picture than the one you’ve supplied above? Like actually take a picture of the car rather than google one. (And preferably a couple of pictures on different angles of the scratch)

I can’t take a picture right now because it’s dark but I will in the morning.

So because it’s black does that mean it’s gone right through to the metal? Or does it mean it’s only taken off the top layer?

Using my finger I can definitely feel a groove where something has scratched it.

Do you think it’s been keyed or what? I know I’ve not hit anything! Also I don’t have any enemies and I live in a nice quiet area.
I can’t take a picture right now because it’s dark but I will in the morning.

So because it’s black does that mean it’s gone right through to the metal? Or does it mean it’s only taken off the top layer?

Using my finger I can definitely feel a groove where something has scratched it.

Do you think it’s been keyed or what? I know I’ve not hit anything! Also I don’t have any enemies and I live in a nice quiet area.

Not to worry.

It could just be paint transfer, but it’s most likely, if you definitely feel a groove towards the car, it’s a deep cut in the paint.

Again, I can’t really say without seeing pictures of the actual scratch.

Try rubbing the scratch with a micro fibre towel and soapy water, if it’s paint transfer it should start to disappear.
(edited 5 years ago)
Not to worry.

It could just be paint transfer, but it’s most likely, if you definitely feel a groove towards the car, it’s a deep cut in the paint.

Again, I can’t really say without seeing pictures of the actual scratch.

Try rubbing the scratch with a micro fibre towel and soapy water, if it’s paint transfer it should start to disappear.

So tomorrow morning I should use soapy water and see what happens? I’ve got T cut shall I use that?

Quick Reply

Latest