Your opinions. Watch

gLace
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi,
In the summer alot of my exams are on the same day, I have around 8 all together and I'm panicking I won't be able to balance the revision fairly. I'm going to make a revison time table but I'm not sure how to go about organising it. Has anyone got any tips?

thanksssss
Crystaltears
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just do really intense revision. Like if you have a Psychology exam on the 4th and then Maths on the 7th, revise for Psychology up until the 4th and then do literally 6 hours a day of Maths revision between the 4th and the 7th. It's tiring, but it's only for a couple of weeks and it's worth it
If you have some on the same day then alternate which subject you revise for up until that day.
Are you A2? If you are, work out your UMS points needed so you can decide which subjects you need to prioritise.
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Crystaltears)
Just do really intense revision. Like if you have a Psychology exam on the 4th and then Maths on the 7th, revise for Psychology up until the 4th and then do literally 6 hours a day of Maths revision between the 4th and the 7th. It's tiring, but it's only for a couple of weeks and it's worth it
If you have some on the same day then alternate which subject you revise for up until that day.
Are you A2? If you are, work out your UMS points needed so you can decide which subjects you need to prioritise.
I'd be careful suggesting things like that. Cramming only works for a very specific mindset, it's really not just "underrated" - some people, the majority, just can't do it.
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Try to balance your subjects.

For example, do 40 minutes of Science Revision, have a break, 40 minutes reading a chapter of your Lit set text, have a break, an hour long maths test paper.

The more varied you make it, with things like note taking or reading in between the hardcore bits then you will have more energy to go through the whole day.
butterfly_girl_5
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
what I do is start witht the last exam, count how many days & half days I have for that and then balance it out like that eg:

I have this summer: Wed 4th June: German Reading, Th5th:French,f,s,s,m,t,W11J:Germ an & English,t,f,s,s,M16:French Lit,t,w,T19nglish
since all my summer exams count for a 3rd of the a-level and im pretty much equally good at all of them, Ill give them all an equal weighting- last summer I found english way hard so I gave it half my revision time-
ajust according to 1) how hard you find the exam 2) what percentage it makes up of your a-level
- I worked out theres 2 days blank before each exam, so I will devot those 2 days to those exams:
s,s,m,t,Wed 4th June: German Reading, Th5th:French,f,s,s,m,t,W11J:German & English,t,f,s,s,M16:French Lit,t,w,T19nglish

now theres only 3 days unaccounted for- so Ill add a 3rd day to each exam(except the first 2 bc you cant do that much):

fs,s,m,t,Wed 4th June: German Reading, Th5th:French,f,s,s,m,t,W11J:German & English,t,f,s,s,M16:French Lit,t,w,T19nglish

and once you do that, divide your subjects equally (according to weighting)
Miserable Colours
Badges: 1
Report 10 years ago
I think there should be only one exam a day

it really sucks if youve got more than 3 a day...

it should be banned or something.
butterfly_girl_5
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
they certainly shouldnt put subjects on the same day that a lot of people are likely to be doing both of (eg maths & economics this summer

and -less importantly- i really wish they would only start the AEAs once all the A2s are finished (I have an AEA/A2 clash)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1047)
79.02%
Leave (278)
20.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise