The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Carling, pear cider, strongbows, aftershocks and "Cheeky vimto" + club with an excessive smoke machine = fun but expensive night, you don't want to know about the morning :P

I dont think mixing drinks has much more of an effect on me, then again i dont go overboard with the spirits, i like to have a real drink.
Once drank half a pint glass of strongbow, then filled the remainder with quater of a pint of smirnoff and the rest lucozade. It tasted rank and I had ORANGE sick everywhere but the toilet. This was after drinking most of the bottle of smirnoff (700ml), though. So not sure what made me sick.
Reply 22
Dilute
... I think that actually amounts to the same thing:
"Wine before beer" implies you have the wine first, then you have the beer.

So it does! My mistake!
I'm not really sure, but I was watching booze britain the other week (reliable, I know) and they said something about the different strengths of alcohol.
That's really bad for me because I always mix alcopops and shots, so that's like 5% to like 30% LOL!
Just on the question of the poems... does anyone know the one that goes "wine before liquor never been sicker" or is it "wine after liquor never been sicker"... I just really want to know :s-smilie:
Oceanaga
Orange juice and milk

No drugs involved, but dammmmn - VERY bad idea.

Haha! My sister used to pour the left over chocolate milk from her coco pops into her orange juice at breakfast and drink that when she was about seven.

Also don't do what I did, and, while drinking cheap white wine, get offered a vodka, think it tastes horrible and in a moment of genius add the wine to the vodka to make it taste better.
It doesn't work, it merely makes you so tipsy you begin a downward spiral of accepting all the drinks which are thrust at you.
And then you vomit. A lot.
Fun times.
So, really, general consensus here is mix your drinks = vomit (variable amounts) and a bitch of a hangover :smile:
Reply 27
Pfft you amateurs :p: if you want to get disgustingly drunk but not have a trace of a hangover the next morning, nor be sick during the night, you need to stick to one type of spirit (the purer the better, like a very distilled vodka) and then drink loads of water or orange juice before you sleep. Works like a charm :p:
Reply 28
-adalia-
Absinthe and Rum >.<

Spoils the Absinthe!
All I know is you can get blitzed for a tenner on quids - pint of snakebite and shot of vodka = £2 - slam the voddy into the snakey, 5 of those and it's goodnight vienna for any average drinker.
dumbdunc
Just interested to know. (I don't know whether this actually ought to be in H&R but oh well).

I won't be doing it again! Ugh beer and cider apparently aren't a great combination!

Are there any other mixes (other than the above) that are a REALLY bad idea?

Cheers.

LIES!!

Snakebite is awesome :smile: Especially with a bit of blackcurrent added. About 5 of those, along with a few JD and cokes, and some Alt. Rock gets me happy.
I have to say that I've never noticed mixing drinks to affect me more than not mixing drinks.
Katie
I have to say that I've never noticed mixing drinks to affect me more than not mixing drinks.

Same here, I know I shouldn't do it though.
It dosen't effect me as I don't want to over drink and to get sloshed on purpose as I want to remember the night before and not feel sick or have a hangover headache.

Latest

Trending

Trending