Turn on thread page Beta

Y9 Science end of year results watch

ReputationRep:
    I've received my results back for all my science end of year exams and am happy with two of them but not so happy with physics and I don't understand why I got so low. In Biology I did ok but I'm not particularly content with it as I tend to get over 80% but this time I only got 75%, a 7. Chemistry went amazing, I got the highest in the year, 92% and was one mark of a level 9. My physics result ,however was dreadful but we went through the paper and I found out it wasn't marked properly, there were lots of extra marks in the first 5 questions and we hadn't even fully gone through it yet. I was given 57% And yes most people scored very lowly but a 25/44 isn't very good in physics for me. I tend to get 90% or close to it in our previous exams so this was a surprise. 75% is a level 8 due to the difficulty of the test- that's 33. Although I may have enough extra marks to gain a level 8 does anyone have any ways of effectively improving results in physics/science in general other than revising thoroughly, which I do try to do for exams. Any suggestions would be great thanks ;D. And also if you have any suggestions on a way to get consistently high science results

Update: I asked about extra marks and my mark for physics has been upped from 25/44 to 30/44. The physics department have to take it in to check for any other marks😄. So I'm a bit more happy with my mark now👌
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Nina898)
    I've received my results back for all my science end of year exams and am happy with two of them but not so happy with physics and I don't understand why I got so low. In Biology I did ok but I'm not particularly content with it as I tend to get over 80% but this time I only got 75%, a 7. Chemistry went amazing, I got the highest in the year, 92% and was one mark of a level 9. My physics result ,however was dreadful but we went through the paper and I found out it wasn't marked properly, there were lots of extra marks in the first 5 questions and we hadn't even fully gone through it yet. I was given 57% And yes most people scored very lowly but a 25/44 isn't very good in physics for me. I tend to get 90% or close to it in our previous exams so this was a surprise. 75% is a level 8 due to the difficulty of the test- that's 33. Although I may have enough extra marks to gain a level 8 does anyone have any ways of effectively improving results in physics/science in general other than revising thoroughly, which I do try to do for exams. Any suggestions would be great thanks ;D. And also if you have any suggestions on a way to get consistently high science results.
    Do practice exam questions.

ReputationRep:
    I've received my results back for all my science end of year exams and am happy with two of them but not so happy with physics and I don't understand why I got so low. In Biology I did ok but I'm not particularly content with it as I tend to get over 80% but this time I only got 75%, a 7. Chemistry went amazing, I got the highest in the year, 92% and was one mark of a level 9. My physics result ,however was dreadful but we went through the paper and I found out it wasn't marked properly, there were lots of extra marks in the first 5 questions and we hadn't even fully gone through it yet. I was given 57% And yes most people scored very lowly but a 25/44 isn't very good in physics for me. I tend to get 90% or close to it in our previous exams so this was a surprise. 75% is a level 8 due to the difficulty of the test- that's 33. Although I may have enough extra marks to gain a level 8 does anyone have any ways of effectively improving results in physics/science in general other than revising thoroughly, which I do try to do for exams. Any suggestions would be great thanks ;D. And also if you have any suggestions on a way to get consistently high science results.
    With physics (and maths for that matter) silly mistakes in calculations are really easy to make, so making sure that you have set the work out clearly is a good way to pick up a couple of marks as it makes it easier for you to check as well as making it easier for teacher to check that you got method marks if you made a mistake and got the final answer wrong.
    You have lots of time before you need to worry too much I about grades and those grades are still really good though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snoozinghamster)
    With physics (and maths for that matter) silly mistakes in calculations are really easy to make, so making sure that you have set the work out clearly is a good way to pick up a couple of marks as it makes it easier for you to check as well as making it easier for teacher to check that you got method marks if you made a mistake and got the final answer wrong.
    You have lots of time before you need to worry too much I about grades and those grades are still really good though
    Thanks so much this was incredibly helpful😊👌

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much this was incredibly helpful😊👌
    Glad to be of assistance, as you can probably tell this is from personal experience!😂

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.