WJEC Business Studies A Level

Watch this thread
Kappo99
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone else doing this exam board and sitting unit 1 tomorrow?
jwmullaney
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kappo99)
Yep- Component 1. Feel like there’s not many people sitting Business with WJEC/Eduqas tbh haha
Kappo99
Rep:
I know! Haha I swear there’s hardly anyone, how are you feeling about tomorrow?
sociobus
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
there doesn't seem to be any forum's about it! any predicitons for what might come up??
Olivia_B99
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

Hi, I do Wjec and am sitting the exam tomorrow. How do you feel about it?
jwmullaney
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I know! Haha I swear there’s hardly anyone, how are you feeling about tomorrow?
Not too bad to be honest, just not sure what topics they’re gonna throw at us! How about you?
Kappo99
Rep:
(Original post by jwmullaney)
Not too bad to be honest, just not sure what topics they’re gonna throw at us! How about you?
I feel like WJEC tends to ask questions that are quite common sense, I’ve learned all of the arguments and theories so I feel like it will be ok 🤞unit 1 should hopefully be the easiest. I’m kinda feeling like leadership might come up or maybe privatisation for a 12 marker
Kappo99
Rep:
(Original post by Olivia_B99)
Hi, I do Wjec and am sitting the exam tomorrow. How do you feel about it?
I feel like it will be ok, I like that you get loads of time in the exam as well to think about what your going to write. I worked it out and it’s nearly 2 mins a mark! It’s so nice, and they seem to ask loads of 4 markers in unit 1
sociobus
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I feel like WJEC tends to ask questions that are quite common sense, I’ve learned all of the arguments and theories so I feel like it will be ok 🤞unit 1 should hopefully be the easiest. I’m kinda feeling like leadership might come up or maybe privatisation for a 12 marker
what is privatisation / what part of the spec is it ?? i dont think we have done that
jwmullaney
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sociobus)
what is privatisation / what part of the spec is it ?? i dont think we have done that
Not sure if it’s on the spec myself, but it’s simply the transfer of ownership of a business from the public to private sector, usually in the form of selling shares. The most recent example of this was Royal Mail in 2013. Creates choice & competition and changes business objectives.
Kappo99
Rep:
On the spec it just says “evaluate the roles of the public and private sector in the provision of goods and services” it’s under business structure in unit one. I doesn’t explicitly say you have to learn it, so actually it might not come up and it’s just something my teachers taught me. Privatisation is just selling off state owned assets into private hands
sociobus
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
thank you both so much! any other predictions?
Kappo99
Rep:
thank you both so much! any other predictions?
There’s probably gonna be some maths in there, maybe contribution or price elasticity of demand
jwmullaney
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Last year’s Comp 1 paper’s biggest questions were 8 markers- will that stay the same this year?
Olivia_B99
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I feel like it will be ok, I like that you get loads of time in the exam as well to think about what your going to write. I worked it out and it’s nearly 2 mins a mark! It’s so nice, and they seem to ask loads of 4 markers in unit 1
that seems decent, with business I find the content decent and easier but when it comes to revising still haven't learnt an effective way of doing it- I just feel like I have a rough grasp of everything then if I apply, evaluate or argue it should be ok. I think If I revise my theorists in the morning it should be ok
sociobus
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
if i waffle majority of answers will i still be able to get a C do you think? the business department at my sixth form is AWFUL and trying to teach it all to myself with 2 other subjects is too hard and so i dont know that much
Kappo99
Rep:
if i waffle majority of answers will i still be able to get a C do you think? the business department at my sixth form is AWFUL and trying to teach it all to myself with 2 other subjects is too hard and so i dont know that much
Yeah I’m sure you’ll be fine, draw in information from any extracts they give you and that’s easy marks
HazzaBS
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Motivational and Leadership theories, as well as the majority of operations management.....
HazzaBS
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Also, how does the WJEC and Eduqas papers differ? (I'm doing the Eduqas).
Kappo99
Rep:
(Original post by HazzaBS)
Motivational and Leadership theories, as well as the majority of operations management.....
I think there might be a question on motivational theory/ leadership too, haven’t seen one come up on any specimen papers or last years for a longer answer question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (26)
27.37%
As I expected (29)
30.53%
Harder (34)
35.79%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
6.32%

Watched Threads