The Student Room Group

Aqa dt food technology

hi!

is anyone sitting the food tech/food products exam paper for EDEXCEL on Friday the 8JUNE 2018?

if so, how do u feel about it? and how do u study for it? i find it so hard to study for?

anyway let me knwoww and we can start a thread here
good luck
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, i am not sitting the EDEXCEL exam however i am sitting the AQA exam. I have found it best to revise by looking at videos, looking at real life examples has helped me too. Hope your exam goes great and would be great to hear about it after 😊
Original post by George.sheader
Hi, i am not sitting the EDEXCEL exam however i am sitting the AQA exam. I have found it best to revise by looking at videos, looking at real life examples has helped me too. Hope your exam goes great and would be great to hear about it after 😊

aww cheers, best of luck to you too, im not too confident for the exam, but am feeling ok as i have really good coursework. a little stressed as my exam clashes with psychology, so i have to sit it after and be in isolation. anyway, good luck to you today, and let me know also! :smile:
Oh no that’s a shame! I am most scared by how few people study it and how high the boundaries are! I’ve managed to get good coursework too so going in with around 50% at an A/A* 🤞🏻
Oh no that’s a shame! I am most scared by how few people study it and how high the boundaries are! I’ve managed to get good coursework too so going in with around 50% at an A/A* 🤞🏻

yeah i know what you mean! theres only three people in my class haha and yeah the exam can be tough, especially with the grade boundaries.
well done on your coursework, its not such an easy task 😂.
Thank you! Well done on yours too!
In my class there is only me as everyone else dropped it so it has been an interesting year 😂
Reply 6
How did you find the AQA one today??
Thank you! Well done on yours too!
In my class there is only me as everyone else dropped it so it has been an interesting year 😂

wow! haha well congrats on not dropping it!!
How did your exam go? have you had it yet?
Had my DT exam, to be honest it was hard, like the questions were pretty much the opposite of what i expected, but thanks goodness for A* coursework haha.
the others in my class agreed that it was really hard, so maybeee lower grade boundaries 🤞🏼.
Original post by HonGCSE
How did you find the AQA one today??

hard!! did u have an exam?
To be honest, i found it okay!
To be honest, i found it okay!

thats soo good, what kind of questions did yours have?
I did about glucose, glucose effect on children, additives, packaging use in preservation, microbes and enzymes in yoghurt and cheese, how to make a factory more energy efficient, ethical food production, haccp, safer food better business, risk assessment, basically everything i revised and understood!😂😂
Reply 12
Tbh I found the aqa one today quite hard, I did question 1, 5 and 6
(edited 5 years ago)
I did about glucose, glucose effect on children, additives, packaging use in preservation, microbes and enzymes in yoghurt and cheese, how to make a factory more energy efficient, ethical food production, haccp, safer food better business, risk assessment, basically everything i revised and understood!😂😂

ahh thats so nice!! well nicer then mine, basically nothing i studied showed up!! things that did show up though included biotechnology and food developments, how the use of frozen eggs are used in manufacturing...and stuff, a few of the nicer questions involved climacteric fruits, hard/soft wheats and wine processes. but still, wasn't the best paper..
Original post by HonGCSE
Tbh I found the aqa one today quite hard, I did question 1, 5 and 6

oh ok
Lets hope they are nicer with the grade boundaries as they are usually huge 😂
Lets hope they are nicer with the grade boundaries as they are usually huge 😂

yeahh 🙄is it also the final year your course is run?
Think its the last year of the AS exam but the A2 exam is available for re sit next year but its effectively gone i think :frown:
Think its the last year of the AS exam but the A2 exam is available for re sit next year but its effectively gone i think :frown:

ah ok yeah that makes sense. did u do the A2 one today?
Yeah i did, i re did the AS exam earlier last month as i got a B last year but wanted an A if possible

Quick Reply

Latest