johndalrymple
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Not a particularly popular course but thought I’d make a thread just in case for exam discussion.
laurenturner27
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How prepared for S4 are you?? And are you resitting any modules from last year
johndalrymple
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
S4’s not too bad and am resitting S2 😬 not feeling ready for that aha
laurenturner27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
okay, I'm resitting S3 this coming Friday which should be fine, but then I'm more scared for S5/6, whereas I feel pretty prepared for S4
johndalrymple
Rep:
?
I think s6 is ruthless aha
Lachlan123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How do you find the s4 exam?
johndalrymple
Rep:
?
More difficult than expected if I’m honest
laurenturner27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think it could've gone better tbh, the first question threw me off about confidence intervals (the explanation bit), and then working out the probability of money and that. But now I'm really trying hard to focus on S5 for friday
johndalrymple
Rep:
?
Agreed the first one was a harsh start and the equating to money was tough, need to boss the next one if I hope to do well aha
Lachlan123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Agreed for the first CI which distribution did you use Z or T?
johndalrymple
Rep:
?
Oh god I can’t even remember aha sorry, think I used Z cos if I remember rightly it was a sample of size 25?
laurenturner27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
first one I used t, because a sample of <30 and unknown standard deviation. or so I thought lol
johndalrymple
Rep:
?
That sounds right, think I proper bottled that paper, my calculator died in the first 5 mins and I had to request a replacement. Proper threw me off... hopefully I get special consideration but who knows 😂
HarunH1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey guys, how did you all find s5 today? I found it alright, apart from the wording from the one sample variance question at the end and the first question with the mean of the differences..was also kinda surprised about how many written questions there were tbh.

Also do any of you have copies of the s4 paper? I did it and thought it wasnt too bad overall tbh
johndalrymple
Rep:
?
(Original post by HarunH1)
Hey guys, how did you all find s5 today? I found it alright, apart from the wording from the one sample variance question at the end and the first question with the mean of the differences..was also kinda surprised about how many written questions there were tbh.

Also do any of you have copies of the s4 paper? I did it and thought it wasnt too bad overall tbh
I’ve not got a copy of the s4 paper sorry. But I though S5 wasn’t too bad hopefully done well. The wording on the first question was hard but eventually wrapped my head around it aha
HarunH1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by johndalrymple)
I’ve not got a copy of the s4 paper sorry. But I though S5 wasn’t too bad hopefully done well. The wording on the first question was hard but eventually wrapped my head around it aha
good to hear! Did u do somethibg like p(-0.01<x<0.01) after converting it to a sample normal dist? Btw for the one sample variance of like 7100, did u do h0:variance=7100 and h1:variance>7100?
johndalrymple
Rep:
?
(Original post by HarunH1)
good to hear! Did u do somethibg like p(-0.01<x<0.01) after converting it to a sample normal dist? Btw for the one sample variance of like 7100, did u do h0:variance=7100 and h1:variance>7100?
I remember what the 7100 question was but for the question 1 that you are referencing I didn’t approximate to the normal I just used the rectangular dist.
HarunH1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by johndalrymple)
I remember what the 7100 question was but for the question 1 that you are referencing I didn’t approximate to the normal I just used the rectangular dist.

I thought the same too tbh, I did it two ways so im just hoping they mark whichever's right lol. It was 4 marks so i thought it'd require more work tbh
ravi_1234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did you get the GOF test for Q4? I had no idea what to do
HarunH1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ravi_1234)
Did you get the GOF test for Q4? I had no idea what to do
yeah it was like the rectangular one right?
I think what I did was something around the lines of each junction interval's distance divided by 25 for the proportion of the total length.. I then uh.... did something to get expected values ( I think multiply each value by 600). part b for it though I referenced like junction 9-10 and another oneb ecause my O-E values for them were like 29.4 and something. else that were much higher than expected?

I think my conclusion was to reject the model, and my degrees of freedom was 5 i think. I only took away 1 from the number of intervals that there were

edit:multiply each proportion by 600 for the expected number of items of debris in each junction interval, I think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (61)
51.69%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
8.47%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
11.86%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (30)
25.42%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (3)
2.54%

Watched Threads