Turn on thread page Beta

AQA A Level Statistics (SS04, SS05, SS06) watch

ReputationRep:
    Not a particularly popular course but thought I’d make a thread just in case for exam discussion.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    How prepared for S4 are you?? And are you resitting any modules from last year

ReputationRep:
    S4’s not too bad and am resitting S2 😬 not feeling ready for that aha

ReputationRep:
    okay, I'm resitting S3 this coming Friday which should be fine, but then I'm more scared for S5/6, whereas I feel pretty prepared for S4

ReputationRep:
    I think s6 is ruthless aha

ReputationRep:
    How do you find the s4 exam?

ReputationRep:
    More difficult than expected if I’m honest

ReputationRep:
    I think it could've gone better tbh, the first question threw me off about confidence intervals (the explanation bit), and then working out the probability of money and that. But now I'm really trying hard to focus on S5 for friday

ReputationRep:
    Agreed the first one was a harsh start and the equating to money was tough, need to boss the next one if I hope to do well aha

ReputationRep:
    Agreed for the first CI which distribution did you use Z or T?

ReputationRep:
    Oh god I can’t even remember aha sorry, think I used Z cos if I remember rightly it was a sample of size 25?

ReputationRep:
    first one I used t, because a sample of <30 and unknown standard deviation. or so I thought lol

ReputationRep:
    That sounds right, think I proper bottled that paper, my calculator died in the first 5 mins and I had to request a replacement. Proper threw me off... hopefully I get special consideration but who knows 😂

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, how did you all find s5 today? I found it alright, apart from the wording from the one sample variance question at the end and the first question with the mean of the differences..was also kinda surprised about how many written questions there were tbh.

Also do any of you have copies of the s4 paper? I did it and thought it wasnt too bad overall tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarunH1)
    Hey guys, how did you all find s5 today? I found it alright, apart from the wording from the one sample variance question at the end and the first question with the mean of the differences..was also kinda surprised about how many written questions there were tbh.

Also do any of you have copies of the s4 paper? I did it and thought it wasnt too bad overall tbh
    I’ve not got a copy of the s4 paper sorry. But I though S5 wasn’t too bad hopefully done well. The wording on the first question was hard but eventually wrapped my head around it aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johndalrymple)
    I’ve not got a copy of the s4 paper sorry. But I though S5 wasn’t too bad hopefully done well. The wording on the first question was hard but eventually wrapped my head around it aha
    good to hear! Did u do somethibg like p(-0.01<x<0.01) after converting it to a sample normal dist? Btw for the one sample variance of like 7100, did u do h0:variance=7100 and h1:variance>7100?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarunH1)
    good to hear! Did u do somethibg like p(-0.01<x<0.01) after converting it to a sample normal dist? Btw for the one sample variance of like 7100, did u do h0:variance=7100 and h1:variance>7100?
    I remember what the 7100 question was but for the question 1 that you are referencing I didn’t approximate to the normal I just used the rectangular dist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johndalrymple)
    I remember what the 7100 question was but for the question 1 that you are referencing I didn’t approximate to the normal I just used the rectangular dist.

I thought the same too tbh, I did it two ways so im just hoping they mark whichever's right lol. It was 4 marks so i thought it'd require more work tbh

ReputationRep:
    Did you get the GOF test for Q4? I had no idea what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravi_1234)
    Did you get the GOF test for Q4? I had no idea what to do
    yeah it was like the rectangular one right?
    I think what I did was something around the lines of each junction interval's distance divided by 25 for the proportion of the total length.. I then uh.... did something to get expected values ( I think multiply each value by 600). part b for it though I referenced like junction 9-10 and another oneb ecause my O-E values for them were like 29.4 and something. else that were much higher than expected?

I think my conclusion was to reject the model, and my degrees of freedom was 5 i think. I only took away 1 from the number of intervals that there were

edit:multiply each proportion by 600 for the expected number of items of debris in each junction interval, I think.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.