The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Statistics (SS04, SS05, SS06)

Not a particularly popular course but thought I’d make a thread just in case for exam discussion.

Scroll to see replies

S4’s not too bad and am resitting S2 😬 not feeling ready for that aha
I think s6 is ruthless aha
How do you find the s4 exam?
More difficult than expected if I’m honest
Agreed the first one was a harsh start and the equating to money was tough, need to boss the next one if I hope to do well aha
Agreed for the first CI which distribution did you use Z or T?
Oh god I can’t even remember aha sorry, think I used Z cos if I remember rightly it was a sample of size 25?
That sounds right, think I proper bottled that paper, my calculator died in the first 5 mins and I had to request a replacement. Proper threw me off... hopefully I get special consideration but who knows πŸ˜‚
Reply 9
Hey guys, how did you all find s5 today? I found it alright, apart from the wording from the one sample variance question at the end and the first question with the mean of the differences..was also kinda surprised about how many written questions there were tbh.

Also do any of you have copies of the s4 paper? I did it and thought it wasnt too bad overall tbh
Original post by HarunH1
Hey guys, how did you all find s5 today? I found it alright, apart from the wording from the one sample variance question at the end and the first question with the mean of the differences..was also kinda surprised about how many written questions there were tbh.

Also do any of you have copies of the s4 paper? I did it and thought it wasnt too bad overall tbh

I’ve not got a copy of the s4 paper sorry. But I though S5 wasn’t too bad hopefully done well. The wording on the first question was hard but eventually wrapped my head around it aha
Original post by johndalrymple
I’ve not got a copy of the s4 paper sorry. But I though S5 wasn’t too bad hopefully done well. The wording on the first question was hard but eventually wrapped my head around it aha

good to hear! Did u do somethibg like p(-0.01<x<0.01) after converting it to a sample normal dist? Btw for the one sample variance of like 7100, did u do h0:variance=7100 and h1:variance>7100?
Original post by HarunH1
good to hear! Did u do somethibg like p(-0.01<x<0.01) after converting it to a sample normal dist? Btw for the one sample variance of like 7100, did u do h0:variance=7100 and h1:variance>7100?

I remember what the 7100 question was but for the question 1 that you are referencing I didn’t approximate to the normal I just used the rectangular dist.
Original post by johndalrymple
I remember what the 7100 question was but for the question 1 that you are referencing I didn’t approximate to the normal I just used the rectangular dist.

I thought the same too tbh, I did it two ways so im just hoping they mark whichever's right lol. It was 4 marks so i thought it'd require more work tbh
Did you get the GOF test for Q4? I had no idea what to do
Original post by ravi_1234

yeah it was like the rectangular one right?
I think what I did was something around the lines of each junction interval's distance divided by 25 for the proportion of the total length.. I then uh.... did something to get expected values ( I think multiply each value by 600). part b for it though I referenced like junction 9-10 and another oneb ecause my O-E values for them were like 29.4 and something. else that were much higher than expected?

I think my conclusion was to reject the model, and my degrees of freedom was 5 i think. I only took away 1 from the number of intervals that there were

edit:multiply each proportion by 600 for the expected number of items of debris in each junction interval, I think.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ravi_1234

Was that the one about rail debris?
For the question comparing brand a and brand b. was anyone's hypothesis like h0: ΞΌb=ΞΌa +0.2 and h1: ΞΌb>ΞΌa+0.2? It said 20cm or something when all the measurements were in metres?
Original post by HarunH1
yeah it was like the rectangular one right?
I think what I did was something around the lines of each junction interval's distance divided by 25 for the proportion of the total length.. I then uh.... did something to get expected values ( I think multiply each value by 600). part b for it though I referenced like junction 9-10 and another oneb ecause my O-E values for them were like 29.4 and something. else that were much higher than expected?

I think my conclusion was to reject the model, and my degrees of freedom was 5 i think. I only took away 1 from the number of intervals that there were

edit:multiply each proportion by 600 for the expected number of items of debris in each junction interval, I think.

Glad to hear that, did exactly the same
oh god I defo didn't do that😭 how many marks would I get, because I got the CV value, and I did the hypotheses and conclusion and defo messed the TS up.

Quick Reply

Latest